2005 Yamaha VZ 200 HPDI with 364 total hours

Hobo

Hi Folks,,,,

I'm upgrading my 2005 Pathfinder 22' Tournament rig...  I have purchased a new Yamaha F150 and am offering up for sale the 2005 VZ 200 HPDI engine with 364 total hours...  This engine checks out perfect without any evidence of rust or corrosion anywhere..  When you pull the cowling off it looks absolutely brand new... 

I'm approaching 78 years young and my wife says she will feel a lot more comfortable with me venturing out with a new engine...  I'm doing my best to make her (and me ) happy! I'm looking forward to having a four-stroke engine once  again...   For the time being the VZ 200 HPDI is still mounted on my 22'- PF and I would be happy to slide in into the water for "wet" testing  for serious inquires....  I can sell it with or without Yamaha OEM digital gauges...  I live in Brunswick, GA..  The price shown here does not include the rigging, gauges or prop...

PRICE: $5,000  

584942716_200522PF200HPDIYamaha12.thumb.jpg.5aa50d41c3cf96b05341ea29605a6db8.jpg

• Like 1

Back Again,,,,

Well that certainly didn't take long!!

I sold this engine yesterday evening to the first guy who  showed up......  I was hooking up to my boat while waiting for a potential buyer to show up to make a test ride... When he arrived I pulled the cowling allowing for a visual inspection before leaving to take it for a test run...  I put on the flushing attachment, hooked it up to a water-hose, turned on the faucet, then cranked the engine...  That was all he needed...  He committed to purchase the motor on the spot without ever taking the test ride...

Now I'm second guessing myself thinking perhaps I had set my price too low...  Regardless,,,  I'm happy...  Next Step: hanging the new F150 Yamaha....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Back Again,,,,

I sold this engine yesterday evening to the first guy who  showed up......  I was hooking up to my boat while waiting for a potential buyer to show up to make a test ride... When he arrived I pulled the cowling allowing for a visual inspection before leaving to take it for a test run...  I put on the flushing attachment, hooked it up to a water-hose, turned on the faucet, then cranked the engine...  That was all he needed...  He committed to purchase the motor on the spot without ever taking the test ride...

Now I'm second guessing myself thinking perhaps I had set my price too low...  Regardless,,,  I'm happy...  Next Step: hanging the new F150 Yamaha....

Hobo, I think you got exactly what the engine was worth . . . before this inflation madness kicked in.   It's almost impossible to price things anymore.   Either you feel guilty for asking for what people are willing to pay, or you feel stupid for asking less.   Regardless, you will put your head on your pillow tonight and sleep easy knowing you got what you needed for it and probably made someone's day.   Engines are hard to find right now.   Not surprised you sold it so fast, but you are probably lucky he didn't take the transom with him as he pulled away so someone didn't buy it out from under him or bid higher!   

On 6/14/2022 at 12:09 PM, Hobo said:

Back Again,,,,

Those Georgia people... Lol.... You are going to gain quiet but lose torque and speed.

PATHFINDER0883,,,,

Those Georgia people... Lol.... You are going to gain quiet but lose torque and speed.

Yep,,,,   I'm definitely one of those "Georgia People" and proud of it!!  And "Yep" again;  I did gain quiet but lost torque and speed just like I knew I would,,,,,,  however I also increased my fuel economy from 2.4 mpg to 4.7 mpg (based upon my first three hours of "break-in" time)...  My top end speed dropped from 50 to 45 mph,,,,  however my cruising speed remains about the same at 33-35 mpg while turning 4,200-4400  rpm...

I also gained "peace of mind" just knowing the engine pushing my boat was new, not 17 years old...  The odds of something going wrong should diminish significantly... 

Tight lines to you!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...