HPX-V Years

Forgottencoast

In 2009 / 2010 the 18 HPX - V upgraded the hull and added a step bottom major improvements . About 2012 the HPX 18 made a minor cap change . I have ran both a 150 HP Yamaha and a 115 SHO Yamaha on my 2010 / 2011 HPX 18ft . Both motors perform well . The 115 has a little less draft . I ran two trolling motors up front when I had the 150 on my boat to help balance . I moved the trolling motor batteries from the under the hatch on the bow to inside the rear of my center console when I repowered with the 115 again to improve balance . If your want to run over 60 mph get the 150 hp if you happy running in the 50's WOT than get the 115 yamaha sho . 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 12:20 PM, Forgottencoast said:

I am on the hunt for my next skiff and have had some friends tell me I need to be looking for a 2012 or newer HPX V.  Can someone shed some light on what happened/changed in the hulls at this point?  What are my worst case scenarios of buying a pre 2012 HPX?  

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Worst case scenario’s are :

less initial upfront  cost

lighter

faster