Pathfinder 2200 TRS custom sun top

Time

Happy new owner of a 2200 TRS! We love this boat!

We wanted to keep our new boat in dry storage (no t-top) and like to fish with top down. I reached out to Dean and Bob at Birdsall Marine and they build a beautiful and highly functional sun top for our boat. The top is 8’2” wide, 9’ long (fore to aft) and 6’6” tall for maximum sun protection. When in the folded position, fits on stern platform with full access to bait-well and both third row seats. Still have access to spring line hasp pipes. Build out of anodized aluminum, Sunbrella fabric, and all stainless hardware. It makes a great addition to an amazing platform for family and fishing. 

Tight lines!

58A641D9-8098-4088-BD4E-725F9801A2D3.jpeg

3FD01396-FB7A-40AE-BF41-68FDC02FEF38.jpeg

16497B1E-095B-431A-83AF-77F37F381C39.jpeg

• Like 1

B2TB,

The only drilled points are the Stainless Steel base, the four strap points and the center console railing strap point. All fiberglass backed with SS washers or plate and 5200. I would reach out to Dean or Bob at Birdsall Marine, as it was custom and you may have a better idea of what you want. Cost was $2,300-$2,500 range back in March. They only had the boat for 4-5 days, again depends on time of year. It is a sweet set up and they are super easy to deal with!

Hope that helps!

You might want to check out "Shade Blade" by Tucci. I've had one on my 23 HPS for about 10 years. It's 7ft. wide x 11 ft. long. They are easily removable and stores in a bag. I only use mine from June till Oct, then store it during the winter. It's about the same price as Time paid for a custom Bimini. 

14 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

You might want to check out "Shade Blade" by Tucci. I've had one on my 23 HPS for about 10 years. It's 7ft. wide x 11 ft. long. They are easily removable and stores in a bag. I only use mine from June till Oct, then store it during the winter. It's about the same price as Time paid for a custom Bimini. 

Do you have any pictures. Interested in the design and mounting thanks.

On 7/8/2022 at 4:35 PM, SCFD rtrd. said:

This is the way to go. I despise t-tops on inshore bay boats and always told myself if I ever had the need for shade/sun protection on my boat, I would go with the Tucci. 

On 7/7/2022 at 1:50 PM, Time said:

B2TB,

The only drilled points are the Stainless Steel base, the four strap points and the center console railing strap point. All fiberglass backed with SS washers or plate and 5200. I would reach out to Dean or Bob at Birdsall Marine, as it was custom and you may have a better idea of what you want. Cost was $2,300-$2,500 range back in March. They only had the boat for 4-5 days, again depends on time of year. It is a sweet set up and they are super easy to deal with!

Hope that helps!

Bimini looks awesome! Want to get one for my hewes. How long did it take birdsall to make it and install from the time you ordered? I see you say 5 days to install, but did you order it and the whole job was completed in five days? That’s very impressive if so. Am going to contact birdsall about a custom bimini. 

Whiskeytrain,

Call Dean or Bob to get a quote and timeline to install. Once you bring the boat to their shop (largely depends on their waitlist and the room they have available), it is a couple of days. They are well coordinated and organized to complete the job quickly. They are very easy to work with on final measurements and specific things you want. 

good luck!

• Thanks 1