Shallow Water Anchors

nigel

I have a 19 Lap.  I toss an anchor overnight off the box at our condo, but for the stern I don't own an anchor.   Thinking about these Stayput Shallow Water anchor.  Anyone here had any experience with them or any like em?  The area I stay at, there is no wake. 

I use a stick anchor in conjunction with my power pole all the time.  They hold very well.  I have made many of my own over the years for profit and for friends.  Supply chain and shortages has stopped me from making them for a while now.  

as long as you are shallow enough, and can get the pole deep enough (sand or hard mud preferred) it should hold the stern with no issues, but I still wouldn’t sleep well knowing my boat was floating on the hook.

look at Wang Anchors.  I also have one of their sticks.  Well made.   

for overnight, you just have to have a solid mounting point. May not be a wake, but wind, tide, hell...another boat a little too close, or deep enough prop to wash out enough bottom to leave your anchor pole exposed enough to pull free is all it takes. Murphy rules. I had a 10' StickIt shallow water pole holding the back of my boat and the anchor wedged into the sand on a day at the sandbar....had that thing at least four feet down but enough torsion from movement of the boat levered it up enough that it just pulled right out. I got lucky and was right there to catch it or I would have broadsided the boats on either side. Not sure why you can't tie off to a dock...but I'd rather do that than just hope nothing pulls free