2400V Honda 250 Prop Question

Gatortrout

I don’t know anything about the Honda. But I had a Yamaha F 250 on my 2400V and I ran a Power Tech  OFX 4 - 21. It would turn 5800 rpm and be running 55 mph.  With a 3 blade 19” Yamaha prop it would turn 6000 rpm and 58 mph.

however the 4 blade handled so much better.....especially with stern lift.....I never took it off.

Have not seen any repowers with Honda’s.. Yet !  Have seen others going with the white Honda motors because of availability and the dramatic price increases on favorites. 

Any advice on that prop is a guess, to be honest.  I took a look at the Solas video on the Titan 3 blade wheels. It looks to have large blades like the SWS-II props from Yamaha. 
If you have a TTop and carry a good fishing load it may be the right prop.  Give it a try. If you need more pitch you can have the prop reworked to where you want to be, then get a new one in that pitch to run.  Keep the reworked prop as a spare. 

And please keep us abreast of your results & experiences with the Honda.  Many are in your position and if the Honda’s have the best price point and the dealer has great service.. you may be a trendsetter. Give us the results, good & bad, and with pics.
MM

On 7/19/2022 at 10:18 PM, Moderator said:

Have not seen any repowers with Honda’s.. Yet !  Have seen others going with the white Honda motors because of availability and the dramatic price increases on favorites. 

Any advice on that prop is a guess, to be honest.  I took a look at the Solas video on the Titan 3 blade wheels. It looks to have large blades like the SWS-II props from Yamaha. 
If you have a TTop and carry a good fishing load it may be the right prop.  Give it a try. If you need more pitch you can have the prop reworked to where you want to be, then get a new one in that pitch to run.  Keep the reworked prop as a spare. 

And please keep us abreast of your results & experiences with the Honda.  Many are in your position and if the Honda’s have the best price point and the dealer has great service.. you may be a trendsetter. Give us the results, good & bad, and with pics.
MM

I dropped off the motor to my local dealer today to be installed. Should have it back by Thursday or Friday to start breaking in. 

I chose to not get the prop, I will probably be trying a 21 pitch 3 blade to begin with. 

So I ran the boat today for first time. Motor looks good on there in my opinion. Prop is 14 3/4" 21 pitch Solas prop. Top end with 3 ppl and half tank was 50mph at 5950RPMs. Took a huge hit on top end compared to the Yamaha F300 that could hit 63MPH with Yamaha M23 prop.

Motor is very quiet. Look like cruising at 3100RPMs is 26-27 MPH burning just under 6GPH. 

Whole shot is extremely good. Way better than I thought and hops up better than the Yamaha did 

Hoping I can get a few more mph after trying some other props in the future. 

Snapchat-593392300.jpg

Snapchat-280218588.jpg