What’s a 2021 VF150 worth?

Headhunter

5 hours ago, conocean said:

Really good idea, Headhunter! You’ll feel like you got a different boat. Say goodbye to all the stern squat too. My new F115 is being hung this week and I can’t wait. I’d say discount the VF150 by $2k from retail & start there! Doubt it will last long. Good luck!

Crazy, you're running a 90 and HH is running a 150. You two are on the opposite ends of the spectrum for power on these boats, I think both of you will be really pleased with the 115 in comparison to your current motors.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 9:25 AM, Headhunter said:

Considering down sizing from 150 to 115 on our HPX-18. Just working the numbers right now but can find no 150s out there to get a budget and I know prices on everything are nuts. 
thanks for the input guys!

Headhunter - what did you decide to do here?   If you decide to sell your 150, let me know if you don't mind.   Not sure I'm in a position to buy it, but I know you take care of your stuff.  Would rather see Fin buy it, so if that's in the works, even better.    :)

40 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Headhunter - what did you decide to do here?   If you decide to sell your 150, let me know if you don't mind.   Not sure I'm in a position to buy it, but I know you take care of your stuff.  Would rather see Fin buy it, so if that's in the works, even better.    :)

No, not in the works. Too much $$ right now. Go for it Sup. 😀👍

• Like 1

Wish I could help here but making the swap is not anywhere close. Just did 2 weeks of covid lockdown in the family so I am a little behind on this. VF 115s are not easy to come by though my dealer has two on order. They get no notice on dates so it could be tomorrow or 6 months out. I am 90% sure I will do it but not right now. 

• Like 1

I hope ya’ll recovered & your family is feeling good again!

Everyone is stuck on the VF’s so they can be hard to come by. I was able to locate one rather quickly last month (in Arkansas 🙃) but opted for the reliability of a basic 4 stroke.

Just a thought….have you considered or did you check availability for an F115? The overall performance difference between the F115 & VF115 is very minimal as per what two different Yamaha mechanics told me. I guess it comes down to which cowling you like better lol 

Can’t wait to hear what you think of the boat after you switch motors! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Wish I could help here but making the swap is not anywhere close. Just did 2 weeks of covid lockdown in the family so I am a little behind on this. VF 115s are not easy to come by though my dealer has two on order. They get no notice on dates so it could be tomorrow or 6 months out. I am 90% sure I will do it but not right now. 

My wife is grateful for your answer here - My old VMax is doing great and I'm not even sure I want to go this route, but keep me in mind if you decide to sell it.   I pamper my engine and have no reason to doubt her, but man, every time I have to fill up it gets me thinking, "okay, so, how many fill ups does it take to make up the cost of a 4 stroke?"   Still lots of zeros in front of that decimal point but as gas prices go up, the number of those zeros goes down!

• Like 1

When I repowered my master angler in 2019 the sho 150 was about $1500 more than standard 150. I figured the $1500 was better spent on new binnacle, controls. Sea star etc. Not to mention I think the standard yamaha grey looks 10 times better than the sho especially on my dark blue hull. Standard 150 still has tons of torque and I only lost about 2 mph top end going down from a 175 v max.