2004 2200 TE livewell pumps

JeffCG

I purchased a 2004 TE which had cracks in the livewell pumps, valves and a loose through hull I. The sea chest. I got all the old out but I cannot see how the new tournament rule’s housing is going to fit with a 90 straight off thru hull. I can put a brass valve on, then 90 but then I think I’m too high out of the water. Any suggestions? 

13 hours ago, JeffCG said:

I purchased a 2004 TE which had cracks in the livewell pumps, valves and a loose through hull I. The sea chest. I got all the old out but I cannot see how the new tournament rule’s housing is going to fit with a 90 straight off thru hull. I can put a brass valve on, then 90 but then I think I’m too high out of the water. Any suggestions? 

Some Pics I have collected. Older Rules and new Shurflo 

Livewell Pump 11.jpg

Live well pumps 12.jpeg

Install just like the pics jh141 posted.  Some live-well pumps came from the factory with pumps mounted in the vertical position. This puts them to high above the waterline and they have problems priming. Start with the 3/4" 90 degree elbow, then everything else is mounted in the horizontal position. If you decide to install strainers, like in the 3rd pic., install them in the down position, not in the up position like the pic. Installing in the up position allows the strainer to capture air in the jar and makes it hard to prime. When installed in the down position or anywhere close to the down position, the air is pushed out of the jar as water enters the jar (air rises, as water sinks to the lowest point).

Additionally, use "Life Caulk" on all threaded and hose barb couplings. When installing all these appliances, it's impossible to tighten every appliance and have it in the desired position.  Life Caulk allows you to tighten a little more than hand tight and have everything lined up perfectly, just like the pics (pic #2).