Keeping up on all of you lol …..WEAR your sunblock

DavidG

Ouch!!! I have several similar scars. Have an appointment at the end of this month to have part of my ear whacked off. Can't wait to see how that turns out. There is lots of good information about how to protect ourselves from the sun. Here is a little known fact. 80% of the Suns rays can pass through clouds.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Got my appointment September 9th! South Florida boy born and bred, I have had some major sun exposure. Got something growing, and it ain't that, it is a spot on my cheek so hopefully if it is serious we'll catch early!

Thanks Dave for reminding us this is not a joke! 

Muddy, I’ve lost 2 good friends from skin cancer and I know most of us on this forum have had their share of sun exposure as well as skin cancers. Hopefully everyone makes a yearly appointment for a skin cancer check!  Please keep us posted on how your doing !

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 7:55 AM, DavidG said:

Please keep us posted on how your doing !

So I had the appointment and all went good! I still have pre-cancerous cells on the lobe of my right ear that he froze to treat, but after a full body scan/search, no cancer! He said that actually me growing up in Miami my whole life may have helped, my body adjusted at an early age for a fair skinned, light eyed male! I told the Doc that I only go inside, pretty much to eat, sleep and ..............flush the toilet since I was young and I am now 53 years old. He knew I was serious when he looked at my feet and laughed at my flip-flop tan lines on my feet! 

But I want to pass this along; He told me about a new cream that just got FDA approved for treating weathered old guy's to help kill pre-cancerous cells on face and neck. So instead of freezing specific areas that shows themselves you can rub a cream all over an area and it will kill the pre-cancerous cells in that area with ZERO health side effects. However he did say that it will turn your face red when in a hot environment, best to apply in winter!? Need to apply it once a year for two weeks.

I will start treatment in late November with it, ya know Winter in South Florida! So if my face falls off I will let you know!:/ 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2022 at 2:25 PM, SCFD rtrd. said:

Well, it's not as bad as I thought it would be, still looks like an ear.  Somewhere around 20 stitches, front and back. Lesson learned. 

20220901_131037.jpg

20220901_131300.jpg

20220901_131312.jpg

I hate to see it BUT I’m thankful you had it checked out before it got worse. To all, please see your dermatologist at least once a year! If you have a History of skin cancers every 6 months. ……David