Hewes Redfisher Backrest and seats combo

CAPTA1N1NSANEO

Hi all, 

I have an older Hewes Redfisher 18 that really had no seats or set up for the seating in front of the center console when I purchased the boat. I went to Don’s Marine salvage and found myself a little cushion to sit on for the time being, which is not very comfortable. I reached out to a local upholstery company and they created this set up. I wanted to share the photo of the setup so if anybody was looking to get a backrest, needed some seats made, or had any questions on materials and/or specs. I wanted to offer this information in hopes that it is helpful to others, especially since everyone has been so helpful with my questions. 

65D18347-D092-49C1-9770-D471182D9D50.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Hewes 1984 Redfisher said:

Very nice man. Looks comfortable for all. What year is the Redfisher? I’m looking at a 1984. 

It is a 1984, solid boat. actually impressed how dry the  boat is  for a 18. Easy to trailer and explore new areas. I have done a lot of work to it since I got it. Have taken it out a few times. Rides amazing. It can get skinny but also cross large bodies of water in the bay. On the title it is listed as a 1984 Hewes Redfisher. Some have told me that it is called a Bonefisher. I do not know the difference , Do you?

The bonefisher is thinner and were 16 feet back then, your boat is 17' - 10" but is called a 17 footer as were all Redfisher's. MBG changed it to an 18 after a few years but still measured 17' - 10". Your boat has the original poling platform and console, nice find. I asked before where you were located for your pushpole holder you need replaced but at the Bass Pro in Miami there is a Bonefisher, I think the same year and it has the same layout and is on display in the front, check it out if you are in South Florida. They are great boats, my brother-in-law probably rigged that boat originally in 1984 at Bob Hewes Boats in Miami or water tested it before leaving to the customer. The hulls were produced in Homestead at Regal Fiberglass Company which is why your serial number starts REG correction: I think it was RFG, it has been 33 years since the last one was made there so my memory is a little sketchy, the last two numbers are the year.   

On 10/21/2022 at 7:02 PM, MuddyBottomBluz said:

The bonefisher is thinner and were 16 feet back then, your boat is 17' - 10" but is called a 17 footer as were all Redfisher's. MBG changed it to an 18 after a few years but still measured 17' - 10". Your boat has the original poling platform and console, nice find. I asked before where you were located for your pushpole holder you need replaced but at the Bass Pro in Miami there is a Bonefisher, I think the same year and it has the same layout and is on display in the front, check it out if you are in South Florida. They are great boats, my brother-in-law probably rigged that boat originally in 1984 at Bob Hewes Boats in Miami or water tested it before leaving to the customer. The hulls were produced in Homestead at Regal Fiberglass Company which is why your serial number starts REG correction: I think it was RFG, it has been 33 years since the last one was made there so my memory is a little sketchy, the last two numbers are the year.   

I will definitely check that out. Thank you for all of this information. I have been wondering how and where they were made. I am hooked on Hewes Boats now.  That is a huge reason why joined this club. BTW, You are correct the first there numbers were RFG. The year is an 84. I have done a lot of work and I will be uploading a ton of pictures of the progress. Do you know where I can find information on the specifications , draft, etc?

On 10/29/2022 at 6:04 AM, TheGreatWatusi said:

Can you share some more pictures of this setup and how and where the brackets are mounted?

Also, I’ve spent many hours exploring / scavenging Dons Marine Salvage! 

Yes I will upload some photos of the flush push pole mounting bracket.  I think I am going to go with STicky push pole mounts and install them for my push pole. 

• 2 weeks later...