Fresh Water Washdown - 23 HPS

BradM

That's where I would ideally like to place it, but with the size and depth of that opening, I am not sure what I could stuff in there. I might mock something up with cardboard and see what I can wiggle in there. I've also considered using the center bait well, as I don't use it. 

20 hours ago, BradM said:

That's where I would ideally like to place it, but with the size and depth of that opening, I am not sure what I could stuff in there. I might mock something up with cardboard and see what I can wiggle in there. I've also considered using the center bait well, as I don't use it. 

That's exactly what I would do if I didn't use the live-well. Nothing to buy but hoses, fittings and a pump. You could put the discharge fitting in the port side live-well and coil a 20 ft. section of expandable hose in there. Keeps everything out of the way until you need it. 

• Like 1

Hey BradM.... Mine is located in the bilge tucked under the center live well.  Fill is located on the stern port side of the motor.  Not the original owner, but pretty sure it is factory installed.  If not, whoever did it was magic and shrunk down to fit in the bilge for install.  Will be a fun replacement when needed just like most work in the bilge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C_B said:

Hey BradM.... Mine is located in the bilge tucked under the center live well.  Fill is located on the stern port side of the motor.  Not the original owner, but pretty sure it is factory installed.  If not, whoever did it was magic and shrunk down to fit in the bilge for install.  Will be a fun replacement when needed just like most work in the bilge.

Thank you for this! I figured it was down in there somewhere I'd never be able to place it. Thank you for your response. I think I may run with the center live well, as SCFD and I have mentioned, and for the same reasons. 

George, @HoneyB has a slow boat, so he isn't worried about any potential loss in performance (I had to send one across his bow) 😁

21 hours ago, C_B said:

Same here...works great.

I keep an extra 5 gallon fresh tank that I can lift out in the front storage location....The 5 gallon never seems to hold enough.

dc

• Like 1