Early 2000s Redfisher Flip Up Seat Position

Sawyer Martin

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm trying to help a buddy of mine with an issue. He just purchased a 2000 Hewe's Bayfisher 16, which from my understanding, has the same cap as a Redfisher 16 of the same era. Unfortunately, the hinges on the flip up bench seat are broken on it. He ordered new hinges, but it doesn't appear that the fit is correct, as there is a very large gap between the back edge of the flip up seat & the rear deck when the seat is folded down. Is there any chance any of you guys with a Redfisher 16 of the same time frame could post a picture from above of how much gap is supposed to be there, or, better yet post a measurement of how big that gap is supposed to be? It would be much appreciated! 

Sawyer Martin

I greatly appreciate it you guys, thank you! I will show him these photos & try to help him with modifying the hinges he ordered to get the gap right. 

On a related note, has anyone had to order new hinges for this flip up seat? If so, where did you order from? I found an old thread regarding these hinges but it doesn't appear that the company offers them anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...