Lowrance Somic Hub and HDS 5

Desperado213

Hey everyone! So recently I've been wanting to have Bluetooth on my boat so I don't have to keep my phone hooked up under the console. I'm interested in the sonic Hub and wanted to see if anyone had it on their HDS 5 and how you liked it. I like how you can control it from the plotter and still have FM. I'm confused as to what I need to install it, is it just I the sonic hub kit and the nmea starter kit is all I need?

Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya I think im going to go that route. I was going to run just a JL amp and speakers with a Bluetooth adapter but i like how with the sonic hub i still have fm radio and i can use the gps as the head unit, plus its a lot cheaper. I know it wont sound AS good but it will be just fine for me. It looks like a sonic hub 2 is out now that has the bluetooth built in instead of having the seperate fusion dongle.

• 1 month later...

you just need the NMEA starter kit and an AM/FM antenna.  I also use the Fusion MS-WR-600C remote as I like to have a volume knob readily accessible.  Having the remote also allows you to use the stereo without the HDS unit if you want.  Note that they just came out with the SonicHub 2 which has built in bluetooth and am/fm tuner.  SonicHub 2 does not allow for use of a remote.  If you go with SonicHub 1 you will need to purchase the extra bluetooth adapter.

Here is the link to the remote:

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/fusion--ms-wr-600c-wired-remote-for-600-series-chrome--11013745?cm_mmc=PS-_-Google-_-Shopping_PLAs-_-11013745&adpos=1o1&creative=65739116644&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjw6sC5BRCogcaY_dKZ2nESJABsZihxYladoom5w4H912Zi2unHM7XU616XyNHykf3SrmFWhBoCc5Xw_wcB

I also have the sonic hub on a HDS 7 Gen 2 --- Works great. If you have any issues or questions don't hesitate to call Lowrance. They will help you with anything.

Quick HINT you might run into when you want control the station or volume, You'll need to hold the page's button and look for the orange square to high light the area you want to control. Enjoy!

Archived