22trs w/ 200 SHO prop help

Boat is a 2021 pathfinder 22 TRS with Yamaha sho 200. T top, three batteries in console and trolling motor on bow. 
Currently running a Yamaha SWS 19 three blade.
Numbers running light are great can get 5600 RPM running 51 mph. Cruise at 40 mph 4500 RPMs and get great economy running 30 miles an hour at 3500 RPM. Running light I do get mild porpoising and have to use some trim tab to stop it . Problem comes in when I have three people on board full tank and bait wells running at higher speeds I get worse porpoising and fuel economy suffers-having to tab down more . Would switching to a different prop help correct porpoising an increase fuel economy at heavier loads and not affect light load running? Don’t wanna break the bank for minimal improvement also. 

My previous boat was an08' 22Tournamnet w/ a 250 SHO. Started w the SWS 19P, Tried the Tempest 19 and there was no difference in performance . Went w/ a PT 19P 3 blade, a little better but nothing great. On this boat the SWS 19 started great but once I added TM and extra batteries and most trips w 3 people started noticing a drop off. and the proposing with no tabs. My overall fuel economy avg. is 2.6mpg and I dont baby it on calm days!

3 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

The 200SHO is more difficult to prop when compared to the 250 and 300 4.2L.  The ECM is restricting where you want good torque.  An ECU flash by Nizpro, Simon, or Hydrotec would more than likely solve your issue and it’s about the same price as a new prop. 

Then you would still have to buy a new prop! I'm not against the flash, but you will have to change props after the flash as well.

4 hours ago, HoneyB said:

Then you would still have to buy a new prop! I'm not against the flash, but you will have to change props after the flash as well.

200hp to 332hp requires a prop.  200hp to 250hp may not.  All depends on the prop you are starting with.  Mid range torque is much better when the ECM is letting that powerhead do what it’s designed to do.  

23 hours ago, Waterman18 said:

Boat is a 2021 pathfinder 22 TRS with Yamaha sho 200. T top, three batteries in console and trolling motor on bow. 
Currently running a Yamaha SWS 19 three blade.
Numbers running light are great can get 5600 RPM running 51 mph. Cruise at 40 mph 4500 RPMs and get great economy running 30 miles an hour at 3500 RPM. Running light I do get mild porpoising and have to use some trim tab to stop it . Problem comes in when I have three people on board full tank and bait wells running at higher speeds I get worse porpoising and fuel economy suffers-having to tab down more . Would switching to a different prop help correct porpoising an increase fuel economy at heavier loads and not affect light load running? Don’t wanna break the bank for minimal improvement also. 

Waterman18,  Is your motor still under warranty?   I can tell you from real experience. HoneyB's recommendation is spot on, and Lap it Up hit the nail on the head. 

You can slightly improve with the prop, My best all around for me was an HS4 21, but the Mercury Tempest Plus was good to. The 200 ECM on the 2200 is an impossible compromise. The 250 ECM was a good jump for me. Was able to get better much MPG and speed, Had better throttle options to clear proposing. Ran much better loaded with all three of us. The HS4 21 prop was good.

The next "ECM" jump for me was The Game Changer, 10 mph gain over all and 10 mph faster at 3.0 mpg. Was able to follow some great advice ( Thanks HoneyB ) and my current Prop is square plus or minus 1 or 2 all the way.  As soon as your warranty is over or even before if your comfortable with it I would seek an ECM upgrade. Remember Like HoneyB said you would still need a prop change.  

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. Still 3 years left of the YES warranty so hesitant to do the tune just yet. My main concern is trying to improve mpg by not having to tab down.  I’m happy with top end, hole shot. Coming home on 1/2 a tank bait wells empty, trimmed up I can 5700 rpm at 52 mph with a little tailwind!

Showed the numbers to Ken at prop gods and the calculated slip is minimal. 

I never ran a HS4 when running the motor as a 200. I do own one now and would agree it probably would run great.  The tempest plus changed the way my boat ran to the point it felt like a diffrent boat. It lifted the hull out of the water a lot better than the prop that came on my boat. The tempest plus has been around a long time and you can find a good one used at a good price. So if you would like to take a swing at minor improving the boat without spending a bunch of money that’s what I would try. Which is honestly the answer to the original question. 
 If you ever decide to flash that is a different question all together. Jh141 is spot on .. 10mph real world speed increase. With a t top!