Hewes - Matching Bench Seat Hinges Found!

searing

I know a lot of people have been looking for replacement hinges that were used on many of the older Hewes models with the Flip-Up bench seats. I've found almost virtually the identical hinges. All dimensions are the same, the only difference I've found is the holes on the base of the hinges are slotted perpendicular or across the hinge rather than forward and back. Holes centers are all the same top and bottom.  

They're made from .125" aluminum and only available in black powder coat. I was sent a sample set for comparing and measuring but was told if I want more I would have to purchase a case minimum (20 sets) since they aren't a retailer. I'll add pictures here of an original and this new one together. Please let me know if you want any in this thread please only to make it easy to keep track of who wants them. If somewhere near a case worth is wanted I'll purchase the case.

Edit; I just received my invoice for the sample pair of hinges shown in the pictures. Was lower than he quoted verbally at the time of shipping. $45.00 a pair shipped anywhere in the US in a Priority mail medium flat rate box that will safely hold up to two pairs of hinges. My hinge cost was $28.00, shipping $15.00 plus packing materials = $45.00  

Dennis - searing@aol.com

IMG_4582[1].JPG

IMG_4583[1].JPG

IMG_4586[1].JPG

IMG_4580[1].JPG

IMG_4581[1].JPG

IMG_4584[1].JPG

IMG_4579[1].JPG

• Like 1

• searing changed the title to Hewes - Matching Bench Seat Hinges Found!

From all my google searches over the last year or so I’ve seen a lot results where people were asking how can I find these hinges over a lot of years so I’m sure a lot of people need these or may even want them only to replace old ugly ones. If anyone has any ideas on how to get the word out or is a member of other forums, groups, or even Facebook please let guys know. I’m not making money on these hinges, I just wanted to help the guys who have needed them and have a spare set for myself that I actually already have since I got the sample set. Maybe this thread could be pinned or put somewhere to be more visible? I’ll welcome any advice that helps.

Thank you 

Dennis

• Like 1

Certainly !!! 
I can clean it up and pin it in the Hewes Section. 
Will you buy a bunch of them and part them out ?  If so, please leave your email in case you don’t view the forum regularly later. 
If you wish to post a link to the outfit you are dealing with, that’s fine too.

Let me know how you want to proceed..

Marc

51 minutes ago, Moderator said:

Certainly !!! 
I can clean it up and pin it in the Hewes Section. 
Will you buy a bunch of them and part them out ?  If so, please leave your email in case you don’t view the forum regularly later. 
If you wish to post a link to the outfit you are dealing with, that’s fine too.

Let me know how you want to proceed..

Marc

Hi Marc,

Thank you! I’ll edit to add my email to the first post. If I can get at least a commitment for 10 sets of the 20 in a case I’ll purchase the case since this seems to be the only way they will sell them. When I’m able to get rid of the case I’ll add the manufacturer’s link for someone willing to do the same in the future. Pinning would be great and clean up how you wish.:)

Thank you!
Dennis

You have nine sets spoken for so far..  a couple more and I will  preserve it for the future..

I pinned it in the general section.. 

Are they powder coated or painted ? (Can they be painted)

galvanized, steel or Aluminum 

Can you get estimates on shipping to different regions, like Galveston, Miami, Charleston and Norfolk so there is an idea of the total cost.. 

Just some details to cover..

Marc

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Moderator said:

You have nine sets spoken for so far..  a couple more and I will  preserve it for the future..

I pinned it in the general section.. 

Are they powder coated or painted ? (Can they be painted)

galvanized, steel or Aluminum 

Can you get estimates on shipping to different regions, like Galveston, Miami, Charleston and Norfolk so there is an idea of the total cost.. 

Just some details to cover..

Marc

Hi Marc,

Thank you for helping us out here!

These hinges are made from .125" aluminum and only available in black powder coated.

Shipping - USPS in Medium Flat Rate boxes for $15.00 anywhere in the US, and will include tracking. The medium Flat Rate box will handle two sets for those who want two.  

Dennis

Dennis, 

Thank you for helping out the Hewes owners here. You will front money and put in the work to help members pimp their boats. 
I thank you, and all the helpful members we have here. You make this forum a real asset to our members. 

Anybody have any idea how many thousands of Redfishers were built with the fold down seats ??  
When did they change the hinges ?

Marc

I still would like to get at least a couple more commitments for a set of hinges before I spend the rest to get the case. I’m a member of the “Maverick, Pathfinder, Hewes owner group on Facebook and tried to post the info to get the word out but maybe since I’ve only had one post previously it’s not getting posted up. Not sure why? Could someone help get the word out there. I’ve seen a number of past posts in the Facebook group with people asking about how to get these hinges. Any help getting the word out wherever that might be would be appreciated specially by the people who have needed these or want a fresh set. They can post here or give them my email. Searing@aol.com

Thank you 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sawyer Martin said:

Just checking in to see if you've received enough commitments to place the order. Looking forward to getting these hinges finally! 

Hi Sawyer, 

Right now we only have eight commitments. Ideally I would like to get twelve commitments which still would leave me holding eight which I'll do if it helps. If anyone can help me help guys by getting the word out it would be appreciated. Cost isn't real high so maybe some guys might be interested if for no other reason than to have a spare set since they're hard to get and specially with the minimum purchase requirement. I've been trying to get the word out but I'm not involved with to many websites, and where I fish I don't see to many Hewes with our bench seats.

Thank you

23 minutes ago, searing said:

Hi Sawyer, 

Right now we only have eight commitments. Ideally I would like to get twelve commitments which still would leave me holding eight which I'll do if it helps. If anyone can help me help guys by getting the word out it would be appreciated. Cost isn't real high so maybe some guys might be interested if for no other reason than to have a spare set since they're hard to get and specially with the minimum purchase requirement. I've been trying to get the word out but I'm not involved with to many websites, and where I fish I don't see to many Hewes with our bench seats.

Thank you

Understood, thanks for the response man. I'm good for two sets when you do finally make the purchase! I will get the word out if I see/talk to anyone with a Hewes as well. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Randy freeman said:

Sawyer: I have redfish 18 with no cushion , but need to have made. So would 1 set be sufficient? What would I need ?
thanks (ranfreem@aol.com)

randy Freeman

greenville sc

Hi Randy,  

I'm not sure what you meant by " 1 set be sufficient? " What ever number of sets you would like is fine. Right now with you included I have commitments for 9 sets. Once I have 12 I'll reach out to everyone to confirm and then order the case of hinges and mail them out right away.

Thank you, Dennis