1978 Berg/Maverick KEVLAR 18'3" flats boat **SOLD**

Hydra-Shortz

1978 KEVLAR BERG Boats/Maverick Flats boat 18’3”

Our family purchased this boat back in 1979 from Bill Levy in Marathon, FL.  Our long time Keys guide (Nat Ragland) told my dad about this boat.  Bill Levy was the pioneer of catching Permit on the flyrod.  He spent over 15K for this boat at the time it was built, which was unheard of at that time.  It was outfitted at Caloosa Cove in the keys and was originally fitted with a 115hp Merc in line 6.  We fished all over Sugarloaf Key back country with this boat.

Needless to say, my dad has passed and I am selling the boat.  The boat is a rare Kevlar hull.  I re did the floor with Divinycell foam core when I did the fuel tank.  It has the original gelcote throughout, but will need a complete paint job if you really want it to be aesthetically pleasing.  The overall boat does need some work.  I put in a new 36 gallon fuel tank about 5 years ago and coal tar epoxy it.  While you could slap an engine on and go fishing, this would be a perfect candidate for a full classic restoration.

It has working hydraulic baystar steering.  The 2012 Merc 150 four stroke is locked up, but has a good lower unit, stainless Mirage Plus prop and engine cover.   The boat has just sat at my dads for the last 5 years and needs a good detail, However, as I mentioned, this would be a perfect candidate for a full classic restoration.  The hull or top has not been painted and has the original gelcote still on it.

The trailer is a genuine Float-On trailer model 321A (17-19’) GVW 3450 and 3000lbs for the boat.  We took the trailer to Float on directly to have a new torsion axle put on 5 or so years ago.  Have 2 new sticker trailer tires on the aluminum rims.  One is not holding air and the spare galvanized tire is on currently.  Out of safety, I just put a new trailer tongue (2” ball), new winch and strap and new adjustable trailer jack too.

This Kevlar hull really rides so well.  A truly amazing ride in the chop.

Price $6,750.00

Located in Lantana, FL 33462 (Palm Beach County, FL East Coast).

IMG_5265.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

IMG_5269.jpg

IMG_5271.jpg

IMG_5272.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5275.jpg

IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5284.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderator changed the title to 1978 Berg/Maverick KEVLAR 18'3" flats boat **SOLD**