Prop for 2200V 150 Yamaha with 6" setback Bobs Jackplate?

Slo Poke1

Finally got out on my boat after getting the JP installed to check out the performance. Well, it was nothing short of ***ing. The best trim/JP setting was no trim/no elevation. Any trim or raising the engine cause increased rpm and decreased speed. I hoped the plate would help the prop since it would cavitate when trimmed while turning. Guess I need a different prop. I have a Power Tech prop, but the size is not stamped, just model numbers.

What is the model number on your prop?

I have an 05 with F150 and run a PowerTech OFX4, rotates right, 17 Pitch. I believe all OFX4 are 15.25" in diameter

My model number is CLY2000 OFX4R17P btw which the first part is the hub detail and the second is the prop details

You may require a slight variation since you have a Vmax

Why did you go with a 6" setback? 4" is the norm.

Btw I had the same motor and hull with a 4" setback Jp and had no issues running a PT 3 blade 19 pitch

It's been a while since I got it and come to think about it, I did order a 4", but it looks bigger than that. I'll measure it tomorrow.

You are way overpropped. PowerTech recommends a17 pitch 4 blade. I just put a 6 inch Atlas jp on my 2007 2200V with a F150. On PT recommendation, I went with the 17 pitch with 3/8 ported. I just put the boat in the water yesterday afternoon for a 20 minute run before the rains came, so I didn't get to do much with it. I did see 5800 rpms and 44 mph, which is about what I was expecting. I knew I would lose 2 or 3 mph on top end and I did. I hope to get to play around with it more this afternoon in between the rain showers......hopefully. I will report back here with more results. But I can tell you you are definitely overpropped.

You are way overpropped. PowerTech recommends a17 pitch 4 blade. I just put a 6 inch Atlas jp on my 2007 2200V with a F150. On PT recommendation, I went with the 17 pitch with 3/8 ported. I just put the boat in the water yesterday afternoon for a 20 minute run before the rains came, so I didn't get to do much with it. I did see 5800 rpms and 44 mph, which is about what I was expecting. I knew I would lose 2 or 3 mph on top end and I did. I hope to get to play around with it more this afternoon in between the rain showers......hopefully. I will report back here with more results. But I can tell you you are definitely overpropped.

No hes is not over propped with that motor with a 19p. It may be the wrong prop or something wrong with the JP. I ran a PT YM200OFS3R19P on my "02 with a 150 Vmax(carbed) and had zero issues. I could run w/ jp on 6 and it never spun out with me. The F150 is a different ball game.

Sorry can not help with prop but in another thread you made mention of a tunnel hull. I am not sure you are referring to the "pocket" as a tunnel or if it is a tunnel hull which Pathfinder also made. Propping a tunnel hull is going to be different than a "v" hull.

• 1 month later...

Hope I can help here but may be a little late,  So I have 2-05' 2200V Pathfinders with Yamaha F150's, One in Fl and One in CA.  Both are almost Identical except for color and props.  I'm running the OFX4-17 on the CA boat and tops out at 44 and 5600 rpm.  The Florida boat has a Yamaha 4blade 13 3/4 X 18, tops out at 48 and 5800, I have seen 50mph but would assume it was wind/tide aided. 

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 1:02 PM, SoCalChilio said:

Hope I can help here but may be a little late,  So I have 2-05' 2200V Pathfinders with Yamaha F150's, One in Fl and One in CA.  Both are almost Identical except for color and props.  I'm running the OFX4-17 on the CA boat and tops out at 44 and 5600 rpm.  The Florida boat has a Yamaha 4blade 13 3/4 X 18, tops out at 48 and 5800, I have seen 50mph but would assume it was wind/tide aided. 

Can you tell me more about your Fl Yamaha prop?  Like the name of the prop series, or the model number.  Those stats are great, and I think I would like to try that prop on my 2007 2200V, F150 with an Atlas jack plate. Thanks for any information you can provide!

I ordered the Yammy prop today.  Unfortunately, it's on backorder till later this month.  I have heard a lot of Yamaha props have been on backorder for a while.  Hopefully, this backorder won't last too long.  I can't wait to try it out.  Thanks for the help. 

Archived