Upgrade 2000v to 2300, 2400, 2500? Help? Just Tire Kicking for now

rubble

Had someone that approached me about purchasing my 2000v which has me looking at replacement options.  While I'd love to have a skinny boat and a larger boat, two boats would be overkill for me.  Plan would be to go with a larger bay boat that can do a little bit of everything;  fish the ENP, Fish the Bays, Fish/Dive offshore on decent days.  Boat will be living in the Keys staying primarily in those waters, the ENP, Marco/Naples areas, maybe BG and possibly some Freshwater in the big lakes.  The 2300 and the 2500 both look like solid fishing platforms that could handle all of these.  Any insight on which boat best checks these boxes or have any suggestions on things to consider?

• rubble changed the title to Upgrade 2000v to 2300, 2400, 2500? Help? Just Tire Kicking for now

First I own a 2016 2300 and for the mix of near shore, large open bays, and lakes with shallow marsh fishing it fits the bill, 2300 and 2500 both are fine boats, I believe the 2300 will get a little skinnier than the 2500 ( I've had it in 11/12"water), average fuel burn running 35/45 is 3/3.5 mpg the 2300 will get up and move with a 250 SHO 60/62 MPH depending on load (Don't run this often) The boat handles 2/3' seas well but like any center console cross wind spray will soak ya (Don't run this often either) ! Storage layout is excellent. Seating in the 2300 is bare bones, no third-row seat if this is important to you. Fit and finish so far is holding up very well but my boat lives in a barn when not in use. Depends on your need for fishing. I got hung up between 2300, 2400 and 2500 when I shopped boats but the 2300 HPS won out.

Good Luck in your choice but again 2300 and 2500 are both fine boats!

On 3/8/2023 at 5:37 AM, George Seither said:

First I own a 2016 2300 and for the mix of near shore, large open bays, and lakes with shallow marsh fishing it fits the bill, 2300 and 2500 both are fine boats, I believe the 2300 will get a little skinnier than the 2500 ( I've had it in 11/12"water), average fuel burn running 35/45 is 3/3.5 mpg the 2300 will get up and move with a 250 SHO 60/62 MPH depending on load (Don't run this often) The boat handles 2/3' seas well but like any center console cross wind spray will soak ya (Don't run this often either) ! Storage layout is excellent. Seating in the 2300 is bare bones, no third-row seat if this is important to you. Fit and finish so far is holding up very well but my boat lives in a barn when not in use. Depends on your need for fishing. I got hung up between 2300, 2400 and 2500 when I shopped boats but the 2300 HPS won out.

Good Luck in your choice but again 2300 and 2500 are both fine boats!

I own a 2300 HPS....George captures it very well....

I would add the following:

1.) the 36V Ulterra works great on a HPS

2.) The Ameratrail is perfect glove fit....the ONLY THING I HAVE FOUND IT THAT YOU NEED A GOOD BIT OF WATER TO GET IT OFF THE TRAILER...(THAT BEING SAID, AS YOU KNOW, I FISH CHOKOLOSKEE AND EVEN ON A LOW TIDE, IT WILL COME OFF AT THE RAMP AT OUTDOOR RESORTS). I do spray the liquid rollers on the bunks after each launch and it helps.

3.) With the T-Top...it's for me, a 'must", to keep out of the sun....but, you need to be a bit careful when casting from the stern.

4.) it will fish 3 people very easily

5.) you can install a post back rest seat; however, with the front cooler, it does allow 3 people to travel easily.  I also have some bean bags if we are going out to the sand bar with more than 3 people.

Rubble - ping me and I"ll be happy to Chat.

I did look at the 2500 but I felt it was a bit big for back country / near shore combination for where we fish here in SoFlo.

DC

• Like 1