Wedges on a 2021 HPXV 18?

I run a wedge between my engine and hull on my 18 HPX . I ran it with the 150 and also run it with the SHO 115 . It helps hole shot letting me have 7 degrees more negative trim . Also can control 1/4 - 1/2 throttle porpoise concerns if you run a prop with lots of bow lift . I trimmed my wedges so they are the same shape as the lower unit mount . image.thumb.jpeg.088da4ad55e81c162e2215e3fc39fd48.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2023 at 1:43 PM, dabear said:

I run a wedge between my engine and hull on my 18 HPX . I ran it with the 150 and also run it with the SHO 115 . It helps hole shot letting me have 7 degrees more negative trim . Also can control 1/4 - 1/2 throttle porpoise concerns if you run a prop with lots of bow lift . I trimmed my wedges so they are the same shape as the lower unit mount . image.thumb.jpeg.088da4ad55e81c162e2215e3fc39fd48.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for the information! I swapped out my Tempest prop for a Powertech 4 blade and my trim issues improved but I think I could do better. While my fuel economy significantly improved my trim issues only somewhat improved. I can run on plane with my motor trimmed even but still have to tab down quite a bit to combat porpoising. I also still find the steering a little tough because I’m trimmed negative. The 4 blade did give me more stern lift so I figured these wedges might give me a little more??? It might just be me, I’m new with this boat. 

Thanks Again 

Joe 

• Thanks 1