Poling Platforms and Why?

johnd

in my younger days I enjoyed standing high and pushing my buddies on the platform of my RF18 sight fishing.. now I have a Pathy 1900V and while it has a platform, I have never attempted to pole it.  I suppose I could give it a try today, but - correct me here - it doesn't seem a decent (and a bit heavy) hull to pole?   Anybody ever pole a 1900v or 2000 model Pathy?

and so middle of night thoughts, wondering why there is a platform (besides eating lunch, sitting on drinking a beverage) ?   I'm thinking of removing if it really serves no function.   Thoughts from you forum folks?

1 hour ago, johnd said:

wondering why there is a platform (besides eating lunch, sitting on drinking a beverage) ?

that's what most use it for.....Also, you can sit up on the tower and drive a trolling motor with a view and snipe fish with an elevated view.

Also it's a nice to have "grab location" if you are offshore trolling or bottom fishing...no need to remove it - IMHO, unless you just hate it..to repair the fiberglass will cost you more than you can sell the tower.

dc

HewesYourDaddy:  do you have photo(s) of your boat without platform you would share?   

I suppose I could stand up high and use remote for TM - on the RF my Pole was also balance.  (and yes, fell off in skinny water more than a few times learning).. idk why, all I've ever done was stand on bow (not even with platform to toss fly) and run TM on the Pathy.  And while I often fish the same waters as I did with the skiff (RF), somehow it just seems different.   Thanks for thoughts folks.