Any suggestions for Replacement Plier Holsters?

rubble

Had a non leather plier holster that bit the dust and have another plastic Danco holster I don’t like.  Looking to get a couple decent leather holsters.  Cannot find at local shops and kind of thin online.  Found one on Amazon but may prefer to buy from a local guy.  Any lines on someone that may make them?  I know a guy that does other hand tool holsters and thought maybe someone did some specifically for fishing pliers?

I've had a leather sheath for many years, in fresh water I was great to have and handy as well.  Once I used it in stall, it absorbed enough salt that the replaceable cutters will show issues if left in the sheath.  If I know I'm not using them for awhile, I wrap the pliers in wax paper with grease before putting them back in the sheath.  For this reason I would recommend the nylon sheath or if going with leather do an oil bath treatment before use.

I just ordered a pair from these guys for a used pair of van staals I just bought. Communication has been awesome. Guy actually texted me yesterday to make certain of the color scheme I requested. Should have them this week and I’ll post up. 

https://saltydogholsterworks.com/all-items/ols/categories/built-to-order-fishing-holsters

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HenrysCreek said:

I just ordered a pair from these guys for a used pair of van staals I just bought. Communication has been awesome. Guy actually texted me yesterday to make certain of the color scheme I requested. Should have them this week and I’ll post up. 

https://saltydogholsterworks.com/all-items/ols/categories/built-to-order-fishing-holsters

cool site....I really enjoy seeing how they create great products that are bespoke.

dc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, triplec said:

Guy out by Tallahassee did mine. Ben King. Friend recommended him. Don't have photo handy but he did great work. He is his shot from instagram and email is benking54@gmail.com

IMG_7193.thumb.PNG.4153534dd1ec7408b10cf6ecd3d01860.PNG

Yup.  That right there is the content I come here for!  Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 1:37 AM, HenrysCreek said:

Just a follow up on my post. Received these earlier this week, but was out of town. Love the workmanship!

BE088FF8-6A69-409E-997E-D7C9353E6C0A.jpeg

AA8D3B0C-24E7-4029-B1B1-CF1FFA18C7D7.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...