Paint the live well blue?

Headhunter

The live well in the maverick has some rust stains and marks that I would like to clean up. I am not happy about about spraying rust off or other nasty cleaners in there and potentially hurting bait or caught fish. Thinking of painting it blue but what kind of paint should I use. The Sherman Williams guy says house paint but that doesn’t sound right to me.

some guidance please!

I’ve cleaned rust stains out of live wells many times.  Just need to rinse very well after.  Never killed bait because of it. If your well is glass with gel it can also be buffed.  Once you paint, buffing is out of the question.  Also fish don’t really care about the color with the lid closed (unless it’s a clear lid). 

• Like 1

I just finished and it looks brand new. I did take the advice here and used rust off from Home Depot, 800 grit wet and dry paper and the stains and marks are all gone. Took the boat out this afternoon to run it some and get water in the well. Caught some reds and a black drum for dinner. I have had a great day.

Thanks all!

• Like 4