Pathfinder 2500 Build Questions.

Joedirt

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2500 build and I have a few questions. Is there plenty of room for the 16" monitor and is it worth the extra money? Its a big jump in price from 12" to 16"...

I ordered 8' power poles. Seems like they would be enough. Anyone got 8' and wished they had 10'???

The dealer said I will want to run a four blade prop. Any info on props would be greatly appreciated! The boat will have a tower on it.

Thanks in advance!

My 2500 is a 2020 model with the older switch plate and a 16 Would not fit.  I have 12" Simrad and very happy with it.  But of course a 16" would be great if I could fit it.

I do not have power poles, to me they just get in the way and are one more thing to break, but I also don't fish a lot of skinny water and the few times I go to the sandbar, I have a 10' StickIt pole that works just fine.  However, I think you definitely want 10' poles vs the 8'.  Not sure the 8' wold be adequate.

As for a prop, I have done the prop dance and settled on the Merc Rev 4XP 18.5  It works well all around and gives you great midrange to control the bow when needed in slop.  Holeshot is improved over the stock Yamaha SWS 19"  Fuel economy drops a bit though.  Rare to see anythign over 3MPG....

Not much to provide here related to the 2500 but I can say that my 8' pp on the 2000v often is not enough to hold in soft bottom and because of the mount location, it's not sticking at 8'.  I purchased a 10'  Wang Anchor several years ago to help correct that issue and still ended up purchasing another 12' Wang.  Was using it mostly at Kissimmee and Okeechobee where it's just a soft muddy bottom.  That said, I'll be going with 10' PPoles from now on.  The obstruction when casting is less of an evil than not being able to hold/stop when needed.  Of course, if in that deep of water and you have spot-lock, PPs may not be all that necessary but I really like having backups to the backups.  2=1 & 1=0 

I have a 10’ Powerpole on my 2500.  I like the ability to stick it in 6-8’ of water.  It does get in the way when I’m casting under bridges and docks, I just put it halfway down to keep it out of my way while I’m fishing.

I would recommend you get a second bilge pump installed, don’t waste your money on the spring cleats, they are just about worthless or bubble system.

JMO, feel a 12” display is just the right size, 16” overkill unless for failing eyes. 10’ on a 25 would be better holding power than an eight. As far as spring cleats, I’m sorry but  that statement being useless is totally false. I would not have a boat 22’+ without springs even if it lived its life on a trailer. As far as the tower, make a list of must haves and look into the future needs and have it built as needed. I would have a pull cord and 2 extra pair of wires run up there. Best of luck with the new sled, congrats. 😀👍️fin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 12:10 PM, Joedirt said:

I ordered 8' power poles. Seems like they would be enough. Anyone got 8' and wished they had 10'???

10' blades all the way...as stated above...always consider 2 feet less in anchor water....8' holds in 5-6 depending on bottom, 10' holds 7-8'

I have 10's on my HPS 2300...would not want smaller.

dc

• 4 weeks later...

16" screen on mine and 10' poles. Had a 12" and 8' on my last boat. for sure like the new setup better. On the fence with the spring cleats, I wish they put another pop up cleat between the bow cleat and spring cleat. going to add that next. good luck, you will LOVE the boat!

A0910218-8437-4237-B720-BD25DFC3DD35.heic

11 hours ago, Gunrunner said:

16" screen on mine and 10' poles. Had a 12" and 8' on my last boat. for sure like the new setup better. On the fence with the spring cleats, I wish they put another pop up cleat between the bow cleat and spring cleat. going to add that next. good luck, you will LOVE the boat!

A0910218-8437-4237-B720-BD25DFC3DD35.heic 1.12 MB · 8 downloads

Holy TV Screen BATMAN !!!

That looks great !!!   I"d love to have a bit more screen size for my old eyes :)

dc

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 10:44 AM, pbspecial said:

Here's a pic of my console with similar electronic mounting.  I put the autopilot controller down next to the throttle which made room for my stereo.

20190830_133805.jpg.bb37a0439162dc473a5a040ae37018aa.jpg

I like this set up. I may change mine up, I'm not doing autopilot so that's not a concern. I'm also very impressed that your listening to dead and company.

• 5 months later...