2200TRS 200 SHO Prop Selection

Ketchafew

I know there has been discussion in the past for this exact setup and topic but wanted to ask anyway.  I've acquired a 2022 2200TRS with a 200SHO.  It came with  Yamaha Reliance Series 14.25 X 18.0.  When I use the various online prop selectors I don't find any recommendations smaller that 14.5 X 20.  The boat performs ok but defiantly feel it slipping in the hole shot, turns and any lift on the jack plate while on plane.  Not looking for speed but hole shot and fuel efficiency.  

If you can find one, The Yamaha Saltwater Series HS4 Propeller in 21 pitch is a great prop for what you explained your looking for.  You will not see the higher rpm range but it will jump out of the hole and hold very well in the turns. The fuel economy will also be good. If they made this prop in an 18 or 19 pitch it would be perfect, but they do not. 

My 2200 with the 200hp 4.2L SHO was tough to prop. It a lot of compromise. The 250 is easier because it can swing the bigger pitch. 

This HS4 in 21 was the best all around prop on my 2200 TRS with the 200 SHO.