2003 22ft Pathfinder Livewell seat and steering wheel replacement, please HELP

agdmustang66

I just purchased a new to me '03 22 ft Pathfinder and I am looking to replace the steering wheel and possibly livewell seat. Two questions, (1) regarding the livewell seat and (2) steering wheel. See pic.

(1)If I were to unbolt the livewell seat from the deck will I find a small hole for necessary piping into the livewell or a giant hole? I would like to replace the livewell leaning post/seat with a traditional leaning post/rocket launcher and potentially cover the hole with a round deck plate and cooler on top. The fiancé wants to lean back and although the current seat could be modified to have a backrest, the cushion is super skinny and uncomfortable to sit ontop of .In addition to what will I find, what is the stock seating width, height, etc.? Or do you recommend an oem site because I can't seem to find a stock replacement. Or...would anyone like to trade?

(2) What is the inner diameter of the 5 spoke destroyer stock steering wheel, I would like to replace it with a three spoke wheel that also has a suicide knob.

IMG_2045.PNG

Keep the well.  That’s an awesome OEM addition.  Take the boat to a reputable marine fabricator and have them make a backrest with larger cushion.  My brother in law has the same boat and same well.  He had this done.  Came out very nice and is comfortable.  The boat is more desirable with that well in place and operating.  

I will see if I can get pics from my brother in law. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agdmustang66 said:

Also, how did he access the inside of the livewell to place nuts and washers for the backrest? Did he remove the livewell and then place it back on with new caulking?

Well was not removed in the process.  I believe you can reach and thru bolt from the inside of the well.  Also the back rest is set in such a way to still allow the live well lid to open quite a bit.  

1 hour ago, Lap it Up said:

Well was not removed in the process.  I believe you can reach and thru bolt from the inside of the well.  Also the back rest is set in such a way to still allow the live well lid to open quite a bit.  

I haven’t looked up under there, but isn’t it a contained livewell? How would he back the sides of the console (nuts and washers)?