thread activity

polliwog

The old ways are a dying breed with social media me thinks. You can post a question here and its days before a reply but on there its almost instantly someone chimes in. I have seen more reno threads on the MBG page there than here in a long time. I wish it wasn't so...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I will say that MBG isn't very helpful with regard to closing the information on old manuals  for  a boat like my HPX v  15fter.  IAN flooded all my boat info (fortunately not the boat) and I want to get a bit of info to keep in my files. Crickets.

nnfortunaely when a member posts a question or comment and don't get a reply after a long while they give up.

• Like 1

I'm an outsider looking in. Currently looking to buy a Mav Mirage 1/2 or HPX. 

I think the market price for boats and materials has become bonkers especially the older Mav's. These are dying off and 'sinking  into the deep blue sea.' Costs to acquire and refurb are changing priorities and has me cross shopping newer, comparable manufactures.

On 4/21/2023 at 11:07 AM, polliwog said:

I will say that MBG isn't very helpful with regard to closing the information on old manuals  for  a boat like my HPX v  15fter.  IAN flooded all my boat info (fortunately not the boat) and I want to get a bit of info to keep in my files. Crickets.

Unfortunately, when a member posts a question or comment and don't get a reply after a long while they give up.

Just so you know, there are no paid Maverick people managing the forum. There is no advertising, or pop up Ads. This Forum is for the Owners of  the boats to socialize and share knowledge.

The two mods have jobs. Neither of us live near the factory. I try to get the info from my contacts, but they don’t have a library of old documents. Many times the members do. 

I’m old and I can’t deal with the noise and clutter on the other media. I can assure you, the brain trust for all things MBC resides here. 
Marc

• Like 2

• Thanks for the response.  I guess my complaint is with the Corp headquarters that has decided to remove historical information on the boats that owners still own. Most of the Mavericks go on for many years with new owners that don't have good info on the boats.
  • In this day having info on the site can't take any effort ,the manuals were already on the computers and they don't change. What's the big deal with leaving it available for the future?
  • We have a loyal group of Maverick fans.

Also, there was a virus that took down the server. Probably a botched ransomware attack. Some data sets were recovered but they had to change the website and rebuild  it from scratch. At that point this forum got its own server. Many of the historical data links were corrupted. I worked with the IT people to restore as many as I could. We tried, but the harms were many.

MM

• Sad 1

I’ve been informally trying to find manuals for models that were requested.. I may put up a Help-Wanted ad for any literature that owners may have. Try to get as much information on the historical evolution of the models that were built. These boats last for generations, so it will be worth it for people in the future too !

Let’s see if we can getcha some info on your skiff !!

Marc