starter battery for Pathfinder 22 TRS with 225 HP Evinrude E-tech

I need to replace the starter battery on my 2013 Pathfinder 22 TRS.  My boat has a 225 Evinrude e-tech motor.   I have an old lead acid battery in the boat that has now died.  

I would love to hear recommendations on what starter battery to purchase.  Currently I am considering purchasing an Optima bluetop battery to use as a starter battery.  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

I have the Optima Blue (group 27) as the starter battery (House 1) in my 2012 22 TRS. If has and continues to serve well. Never had any issues. Its now close to five years in service. Be sure and do NOT overtighten the stud nuts. They tend to pull up and loosen. 

My other three batteries are Deka Intimidator AGM group 24 and serve as House 2 and my 36 volt trolling motor circuit.

Google search lifeline batteries. They are honestly built better than optima. All the plates are bolted rather than spot welded. I bought two for my trolling motor and I was impressed.  If you’re looking for good but cheap buy an everstart from Walmart. They are honestly good batteries that get little discussion. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 8:25 PM, elopomorph said:

My boat has a 225 Evinrude e-tech motor. 

you need to determine how many CCA (cold cranking amps) the engine requires and then size accordingly.

As well, what is the RC - reserve capacity that is listed....this relates to output the alternator....get s spec sheet on the E-Tech and it should have the appropriate sizing and type of battery.

dc

• Like 1