Raw Water Washdown question

B2TB

Have a new 22 TRS.  The owner's manual says the system has to pressurize before there is a steady flow of raw water. When I flip the switch on the console, I can hear the pump running, but even after 5 or more minutes there still isn't a steady flow of water. It just sputters. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or does the system take longer to pressurize?

A few of suggestions:

Make sure your ball valve is open

Run the boat in reverse for a short time to help prime

Because the baitwell pump comes off the same line, you might have to shutoff the baitwell pump to get full flow to the washdown pump.  Many people install a tee and a separate ball valve in the line so each pump has a independent feed.  Pathfinder should redesign.

Shurflo washdown pumps are made in Mexico, mine failed very quickly on my new boat, although the replacement has been running well.

Bamaskeet is correct. The washdown and livewell pumps use the same intake. The washdown pump is sucking air from the bait pumps and will never prime or produce and adequate water volume or pressure. Installing a "T" as he suggested might help. I had to install a separate thru-hull intake to make mine work properly.