Fuel line length

AntonRx

Got the new line in this weekend. Was easy. Notice 2 things:

1. The old line had no liner in it and no blockages but it was time to replace as there were many dry-rot-type cracks in the line. 

2. Boat is still hesitating at certain instances at WOT.

Next I will replace the remaining 10-12" of line at/around the water separator and see if those are clogged. I did not replace the anti siphon valve when I was in there replacing the line. What else can I try on the engine side before I have to go back into the console and replace the ASV? (my console has 4 batteries in it so it's a pain!!). I have a 2017 Suzuki DF140.  

I had this happen to me so hopefully it helps.  My motor didn't like it if any air got in the fuel line somehow.  I had an ever so small air leak at the external fuel/water separator.  While the filter felt good and tight, the filter seal wasn't 100% and air would be pulled in particularly when running at WOT.

We found the issue by pumping the fuel bulb and listening carefully for any noise at the filter.  FWIW, the same thing can happen at the fuel bowl filter under the cowling.

If nothing else works, take a look at both of those locations while pressurized the bulb 

Good luck.

• Like 1