Pathfinder 1806V rear corner boxes

TimS1028

I have an 2001 1806V. I’ve looked all over trying to find information on this, but has anyone ever cut the transom corner boxes and made hatches out of them or installed speakers there? Is it foam filled? I attached some pictures for reference of where I’m talking about. I am wondering why this wasn’t a factory storage area.

3A771434-92BC-490F-B219-312B02B504B3.jpeg

730F16A7-59E5-4F2E-A9D7-FDA57092E886.jpeg

91EDF7DF-0E11-4B01-9561-138B73862AE8.jpeg

I’m not sure who cut mine open or when. Mine are open and there’s no foam in them. My starboard side has the two stroke oil reservoir in it. There are no sign of foam ever being in it. Hobo was a previous owner of my boat, I would suspect that he may put them in. 

Sorry for the poor photo, but it’s the one that I could find the fastest. Let me know if you want photos of the inside.

IMG_7677.jpeg

20 hours ago, mxf255 said:

I’m not sure who cut mine open or when. Mine are open and there’s no foam in them. My starboard side has the two stroke oil reservoir in it. There are no sign of foam ever being in it. Hobo was a previous owner of my boat, I would suspect that he may put them in. 

Sorry for the poor photo, but it’s the one that I could find the fastest. Let me know if you want photos of the inside.

IMG_7677.jpeg

That looks like Hobo's work....always perfectly installed !!!

dc

I've owned two of these 1806 Pathfinders and yes I did modify both of them to make storage boxes from the two aft side boxes...  I believe the original intent for these boxes was for flotation however by installing sealable hatch cover (like the ones pictured above in mxf255's post above) they still function as flotation....  Neither of the two 1806 Pathfinders I modified were foam filled...  They only had a couple of inches of foam on the interior walls of these boxes.

These 1806 Pathfinders were great little boats that fished and handled great...  They are right behind the 22' & 24' Pathfinders as my all time favorites...

Included below are a few photos of my 2000 1806 Pathfinder and modifications I made...

--------------------<" ){{{{{*><

1806 PF 3.jpg

1806 PF 15.jpg

1806 PF 21.jpg

P4110004.JPG

P4110011.JPG

P4110012.JPG

P4110035.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

TimS1028,

I made the rear console door from scratch using Starboard....  I pretty much copied the same patten used for the 22' and 24' Pathfinders and just modified the dimensions to fit the console...

--------<" ){{{{*><

• 3 weeks later...

Documenting for future reference. The dimensions of the console enclosure are captured below.

The door size is 16.5 inches wide by 18.75 inches tall. 
The frame is 19.5 inches wide by 24.5 inches tall. 

IMG_7911.jpeg

Edited by mxf255
Adding photo

• 1 month later...