Battery Tender Tolling Motor Power Connect

FunFlatsFishing

I have an 05 2200 TE with a 24v Minn Kota Riptide SF 80.

Yesterday I was using it and the trolling motor was working great and then all of a sudden lost all power. Got home and pulled out the volt meter. 26 volts at the female end of the Marinco power connect in the anchor storage hatch. Pulled both batteries and had load tested. Both are in good condition. Pulled the male end of my Marinco power connect off and wired the trolling motor directly to the batteries. It works. Must be the male end of the Marinco power connect. Right??

My question is, has anyone installed the battery tender brand trolling motor power connect and where did you install it? Does the female end fit in the original Marinco hole and will the hatch close with it installed there?

Master Repair just installed one on my boat. He said he installs about 30 a month....and they are the best trolling motor plug made. He made a little starboard plate to mount it on, and mounted it beside and below the Marinco plug.

• 1 year later...
On March 28, 2016 at 7:33 PM, JEM said:

Master Repair just installed one on my boat. He said he installs about 30 a month....and they are the best trolling motor plug made. He made a little starboard plate to mount it on, and mounted it beside and below the Marinco plug.

Can you share a picture on how they installed it?

Yes, in the anchor locker.  I don't remember the exact placement, but I think it is mounted to the starboard side of the original plug and below it.  The starboard plate is, I assume, through bolted, or maybe screwed, to the vertical piece that the original plug is mounted in.  In about a week and a half (after emancipation day festivities), I will be able to take pictures.

Master Repair installed it.  As far as I know, it is just the female side, with the flange and holes for the 2 screws.  They mounted it in the piece of starboard seen in the picture.  I don't know about any "mount" that comes with it. 

8 minutes ago, mulligan said:

I just checked mine and I was wrong, not to uncommon anymore.  Mine is on a piece of angled aluminum  on the underside of the locker  

It would certainly be better with something behind it and thru bolted.....good info.  Thanks

On 4/10/2017 at 7:43 PM, mulligan said:

Thru bolted from top of anchor locker to a peice of Starboard to drop it down. The screws are under the carpet. IMG_0816.thumb.JPG.6ed7c64ea46b417ae3986a7f27429ff2.JPGIMG_0817.thumb.JPG.9d90968a6e628c061dbb1079473ffa39.JPGIMG_0818.thumb.JPG.dee3b193dca9f677bb9011443843d7db.JPG

Well I thought this was going to be an after work project but it looks like I'm going to have to push to the weekend. Since I have the Tournament Edition the pvc pipes that extend out of the rod lockers block that location. 

I will be cutting them back this weekend so I can install like yours. 

IMG_9211.JPG

I built an aluminum plate that is held under the anchor locker by two of the screws that bolt my trolling motor to the bow. The plug is well forward of the anchor and also well out of the weather. No photos but the other brackets seen on this thread are similar to my own idea. Zero plug issues since I've installed this and that has to be at least 4 years ago. 

Archived