So Flo Rain Report

THE OUTLAW

The Crab Shack has been the beneficiary of around 40” of rain , since Sunday afternoon .

Now , I know how the people feel to lose everything you have .

You always see it , on the news , and the tv just does not do it justice.

I have not slept in 36 hrs and still have not put a dent in anything.

Now , it is raining again , and the water is at my garage door again !

😟

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

D745D2F9-2AEE-4A2C-A340-8E955417C1E3.jpeg

• Sad 3

I lived this more than once when I was a teen growing up in Westchester.  Several inches throughout the whole house.  There were people on Jetskis riding around causing waves like crazy.  I had to tie my Honda CRX to the tree in the front yard to keep it from floating away.  

Hang in there Outlaw!  

I live in Plantation and we had to go up to Palm Beach yesterday....West of Turnpike neighborhoods in route to the Turnpike were completely flooded....I saw at least a dozen cars up to the hubcaps and the tow trucks were everywhere with cars being loaded on flat beds....very sad to see the owners in the front yards....

rain has stopped for today....let's hope.

I had to drain the pool 4x's in the last 2 days...which means at least 12-18 inches of water fell in my backyard....

pics of non navigation canal....

canal.thumb.jpg.f1e483c816e2c4ca1fdce3e58a1b8bf1.jpg

DC

Wow, apparently I've been disconnected from the news for too long.  Ralph, I was completely surprised (and sad) to read your post.   I know that place has been paradise for you.  I hate to see a guy with a great reputation have something like this happen.   Hang in there, bud and get some sleep.  Stuff can be repaired and replaced, health - and mental health - is tougher.   Get rest and you'll be better equipped to deal with it all later.   Don't get yourself into a dangerous cycle of fighting the inevitable at the expense of sleep and then having judgement impaired.   That can lead from problem to tragedy in a hurry.  Prayers with you, brother

• Like 4

Ralph,

Been there done that, I think the storm Lap It Up is referring too was a once in a hundred year storm  in the 90"s. It was bad because I basically live on an island in Westwood Lakes and when it was high tide the Snapper Creek cannel could not drain because the flood gates were wide open but was high tide and the water came in!

Take it as a learning experience and know what your neighborhood can handle. And just an FYI we are in an "El Nino" season so that should decrease the hurricanes in the Eastern Atlantic. However the very first Hurricane in an "El Nino" season in August 1992 was a hurricane named Andrew! Take it for what it is.  

Glad all is well Ralph.

I would like to THANK everyone for their prayers and advise.

Two years ago, we had a bad storm , and we had three inches of water, in our garage , I said , I got this .

We bought water barriers and sandbags, so we would be (ready) next time .

So , this time , I deployed the barriers.

Well , when the water is three times higher than the barriers , it is a fail .

I do have a plan to be better , next time .

HOPEFULLY NEVER HAPPENS.

I am going to sleep now .

The Crab 🦀 Shack , is as good as it is going to get .

The cars got towed away today as well .

I would like to give a shout out to BIG DAVE , for the delicious dinner he dropped off , this afternoon!!!!!!!

Zzzzzzzzz😮‍💨

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

• Like 3

10 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

I would like to THANK everyone for their prayers and advise.

Two years ago, we had a bad storm , and we had three inches of water, in our garage , I said , I got this .

We bought water barriers and sandbags, so we would be (ready) next time .

So , this time , I deployed the barriers.

Well , when the water is three times higher than the barriers , it is a fail .

I do have a plan to be better , next time .

HOPEFULLY NEVER HAPPENS.

I am going to sleep now .

The Crab 🦀 Shack , is as good as it is going to get .

The cars got towed away today as well .

I would like to give a shout out to BIG DAVE , for the delicious dinner he dropped off , this afternoon!!!!!!!

Zzzzzzzzz😮‍💨

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Don't forget to call me--anytime--if I can help.  Happy to.

• Like 3

Ralph,  I've been keeping an eye on this water situation.  Wish i could help with some hands on but am definitely sending some up for you all.  Saw what devastating floods can do last year up on the mountains.  We hauled in cleaning supplies and other essentials to help families and businesses get back in their homes and businesses. Wishing you the best!   

• Like 1