How to get rid of a stain like this?

HewesYourDaddy

20 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

I have never seen or heard of that stuff before.

They re-branded it from Marine Restoration Technology to Boatcleanerpro.com....they have some good examples on FACEBOOK.

Boat Owners Warehouse was out of stock for many months during their pandemic, but, I bought it directly on line...cleans grease, rubber marks, etc. on fiberglass non-skid and hulls....

DC

12 hours ago, rckeat said:

If you haven't tried a Magic Eraser, give it a try.  Those things are amazing.

I’ve tried just about everything now. Even 300/600/1500/2000 grit sandpaper.  Whatever dirt and grime that was under those pieces of hardware seems to have soaked into the fiberglass after 10 or 20 yrs.  I’m at a loss now.  I haven’t tried Davis FSR or muratic acid, so those are my last hope.  

I'm with MM on this one, looks sealed in, try working just stained area with compound to cut sealer, see if you can find a small bottle of FRS Davis Fiberglass stain remover, I believe the product is a light acid etch safe for fiberglass. Grandson uses it on his 22 Blazer Bay, Blood River in Springfield La has a red stain to it, he sprays it on the stain lets sit 5 min and rinses off. Again I would just work the stained area.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1