Flo torq hub help

2003 Yamaha HPDI VMAX 2.7L

Picked up a nice Merc Rev 4 from a forum member but need a hub. I am not a prop guy at all. Ordered a 835274Q1 flo torq 2 kit. Do I need the 835271Q2?

At sons soccer games all weekend and the amazon return clock is ticking. Would appreciate any help. If the pictures on Amazon are correct the difference seems to be a thicker vs thin washer but again I don’t know. Current prop is PT OFX 4. 

1 hour ago, brew1891 said:

2003 Yamaha HPDI VMAX 2.7L

Picked up a nice Merc Rev 4 from a forum member but need a hub. I am not a prop guy at all. Ordered a 835274Q1 flo torq 2 kit. Do I need the 835271Q2?

At sons soccer games all weekend and the amazon return clock is ticking. Would appreciate any help. If the pictures on Amazon are correct the difference seems to be a thicker vs thin washer but again I don’t know. Current prop is PT OFX 4. 

You need a 835271Q2

https://www.boatpropellerwarehouse.com/catalog/369/mercury-quicksilver-hub-kits

https://www.boatpropellerwarehouse.com/product/30364/flo-torq-ii-yamaha-150-300-hp-hpdi-2-stroke-hub-kit-quicksilver-835271q2

You're welcome!  If you're thinking of getting a spare, you could try another option to compare with...

The Flo-Torq II is a good hub, but is made of hard Delrin plastic.  Solas/Rubex makes a nice one made of bronze encased inside a rubber hub insert that dampens shift clunk and vibration, more like the Yamaha SDS hub does.  It's the RBX-203B:

https://www.amazon.com/Solas-RBX-203B-Bronze-Yamaha-75-225/dp/B01AFFXPMO/

Also, Mercury came out with a rubber hub of the same type called the Flo-Torq SSR, but I'm not sure if they make one to fit your Yamaha.  Here's the brochure on it:

Flo Torq SSR.pdf

4 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

I would just get a composite get home prop...I carry one for the sho 250..

if you spin a hub on the water it will be a challenge to reinsert the hub and then change a heavy prop in the water

a composite is light and easy.

That's a great idea DC - makes perfect sense!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, geeviam said:

You're welcome!  If you're thinking of getting a spare, you could try another option to compare with...

The Flo-Torq II is a good hub, but is made of hard Delrin plastic.  Solas/Rubex makes a nice one made of bronze encased inside a rubber hub insert that dampens shift clunk and vibration, more like the Yamaha SDS hub does.  It's the RBX-203B:

https://www.amazon.com/Solas-RBX-203B-Bronze-Yamaha-75-225/dp/B01AFFXPMO/

Also, Mercury came out with a rubber hub of the same type called the Flo-Torq SSR, but I'm not sure if they make one to fit your Yamaha.  Here's the brochure on it:

Flo Torq SSR.pdf 3.16 MB · 1 download

Geeviam, I bet the rubber insert is easier on the drive line and my ears . I didnt enjoy the clink sound when my old Mercury 4 blade went in and out of gear at the ramp sounded like I was shifting into reverse at over 1000 RPM clunk . 

• Thanks 1

Geeviam,

thanks for the help. I will pick up the solas hub as my main hub. I like that idea better. Couldn’t find info for the SSR for my motor. 

I have an old stainless Merc prop with press hub in the boat as back up. Plastic does sound better for weight on the old Pathfinder plastic hatch buckets. I had looked at one of the plastic ones that the blades are removable in the past but never ordered. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

I would just get a composite get home prop...I carry one for the sho 250..

if you spin a hub on the water it will be a challenge to reinsert the hub and then change a heavy prop in the water

a composite is light and easy.

What composite prop do you have?