Engel Cooler Slide Wear on Fiberglass Behind Leaning Post

Jake Ritchie

Was wondering if anyone has some pictures of their fiberglass on the deck where the rollers travel on the engel cooler slide under the leaning post on a 2200/2400 TRS. Are you seeing any wear on the fiberglass? How are the rollers on the slide holding up? My 80qt Engel is my fish box and can be heavy with 30-40 lbs of ice and fish in it- I am worried about the in and out wearing into the deck over time. Thanks 

A0202E00-9ED5-4924-BB14-3E93DBAE3816.jpeg

• Like 1

My boat is a 2012 so it has some years on it. My son noticed slight wear on the deck. We found the roller on that side had become bound up. We freed the roller up seemed to just be shale and sand impacted the roller. Other than that I never had an issue and have not had issue since freeing the roller up. Just one more maintainable  item on a boat. 

19 hours ago, HoneyB said:

My boat is a 2012 so it has some years on it. My son noticed slight wear on the deck. We found the roller on that side had become bound up. We freed the roller up seemed to just be shale and sand impacted the roller. Other than that I never had an issue and have not had issue since freeing the roller up. Just one more maintainable  item on a boat. 

I use dielectric grease on my slides....seems to work....it's clear...works

dc

• 2 weeks later...