Adios

dabear

i have been on this forum for around 25 years . In that time I have meet a lot of good people . I want to thank Maverick for this forum . I want to thank Family boating for selling three boats a Key West  I purchased from Bob Hewes in Miami and I traded in on a 16 ft Hewes RedFisher , Than they sold the Hewes RF when I traded it in on my Maverick , than I purchased a new motor from them , next they sold my Maverick for me . I always worked with Paul the owner of Family Boating . Its been a long great ride great boats , great friends on the forum and a great dealership Family Boating that supplied the boat s . I always thought that Paul was a friend and that I could trust that he wouldnt put making a dollar in front of making a honest deal .  I have made a few very good friends because of this forum (people that I would of never known without it ) . I have sold fishing equipment and props on this forum .  Thanks MBG for keeping this forum going . I have used this forum for entertainment,  to gain knowledge about equipment and places to fish , thanks for sharing information, and for being able to sell items and most importantly for making friends . Adios my friends its been a great ride . 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Dabear, relative to you, I'm a newbie on this forum, but it was guys like you who are responsible for my first Maverick purchase (that 1987 MA from Jax).  I found this forum while doing research on the boat and was blown away by the culture, quality of advice, and desire to help.   You are one of the folks who've helped me along my journey through two Mavericks and one, long, massive rebuild, so I'm hoping that I'm misreading your post and that you are saying goodbye to Family boating center, not this forum?   

• Like 3

I'm blessed I became friends with Dabear on this forum.  I can't say enough good things about Joe.  He is so knowledgeable too, and has helped me and many others here over the years.

Joe, I hope any absence here is temporary.  I have a feeling you won't be boatless for very long.  But in case you are, I hope you'll check-in here from time to time.  You'll be missed.  Take care of yourself my friend.

Gary