1900v Windshield & Console Caulking Replacement

sctiger

Hey guys, i'm looking to do some cosmetic stuff to my pathfinder before the summer. It's a 2002 19 i bought off of forum member wesman that is in awesome shape. I was hoping to get some help on replacing the windshield, as well as the caulking where the console meets the deck. It's over 10 years old, so is dirty/coming apart. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Someone posted a while back about having a windshield made, maybe they will respond with that information. With regard to the caulk; I use Life-Caulk for most everything. They make a type that is resistant to mildew. Clean the old stuff out(remember, usually caulk will not stick to caulk), clean the area with Acetone, use blue painters tape to make clean/straight lines.

Will do. Any recommendations for the initial removal?

Razor blade, screw driver and a tool with a hook on it. You can Google caulk removers for removing the small stuff. There was a post not to long ago about store bought products to help remove caulk.

Get the caulk loose in one area and using the razor blade, try to remove it in one big piece. Worst thing you can do is try to remove it in small pieces (it will drive you nuts).

Instead of recaulking, I would look for a nice piece of off white trim to wrap around the bottom. The Maverick Refurb shop did that to mine when I had some work done several years ago. It will look nicer and you don't have to worry with removing the old.

Archived