The Value of this Forum

Headhunter

Funny that you posted this as I was just clicking in to post something similar.  I'm in the process of making some mods to my 2006 Pathy 2000V.  I was on this forum several years before pulling the trigger.  I made a post about finding some guides that I could fish with in a Pathy and MA.  Skip contacted me directly with some great options that would not otherwise have worked me in when they did.  

Once I picked up the boat, I started looking at rigging.  It was bare bones from a Guide that never used it.  I reached out to the forum and bough the majority of the items from forum members.  One in particular with this signature.  ---------------<" }(((((*><.  Such a kind and helpful man.  Just one of many that have been so helpful on this forum. To this day, I'm still purchasing items from forum members in an effort to help them if not but a fraction of the help they have provided me.  

So Headhunter, thank you for your help as well and for posting this.  Lots of folks here that deserve atta boys for making this a great space.  

From the looks of the leaderboard, it's pretty clear that Dino, Ralph, Fin and I seriously appreciate this forum, LOL.   I wrote this on another thread, but it was because of this forum that I bought my first Maverick - a bunch of guys on it helping a new comer buy a boat 4 states away - nobody harrassed me for being new, they just jumped in and provided guidance and local knowledge.   I bought that 1987 Maverick largely based on the information you all provided, and it turned out to be a "life altering" purchase - the best boat I'd ever owned, and it led to a move back to the saltwater.   

Later, it was again this forum that helped me buy that boat's replacement - my current 2000 Maverick, and it was this forum that helped me through the two years of the rebuild of that boat.  It was a forum member that bought the 1987 Maverick from me, and I still get to see her from time to time and keep tabs on her - last I saw, she is still running strong and was repowered.

I am sad to see fewer and fewer posts and less and less activity on this forum.   I know there are a lot of lurkers out there, because the view counts are astronomical.  For those of you who have lurked for awhile, join in the fun and post up pics, questions, or comments - Our core group gets smaller and smaller if you hang back . . . and then one day this forum will go away.

I don't think that the current social media will ever replace these forums - they offer something different but frankly, I think that they wear people out over time with all the political bickering.   This forum stays clear of all the garbage and focuses solely on the good stuff - cool boats, great fishing, sunrises, sunsets, moons and awesome pics.

I'd ask all the current members of this forum to spread the word - any time you see a Hewes, Maverick, Pathfinder, or Cobia, encourage them to join up and become part of the family.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Still here, just checking in after reading whichways post above.  I lurk around here but not as much lately as major house plumbing re-work and renovation of our master bathroom has taken up a ton of time.  Not to mention grandkids soccer and football games nearly every weekend this spring.  I still pick up good ideas reading the posts on here, hopefully I've been able to submit some of my own since joining.

I am ticked off though, that the busy start to this year has kept me off the water and missed out on the spring fishing!  All projects wrapping up now so maybe I can post up some fish pics soon.

This is one of the best forums out there, lots of good people here.

• Like 1

One of the better sights out there and I'll repeat without all of the BS other sites have, moderators keep everything in check which is a big plus, I wouldn't have a fear of one of my underage grandkids looking around on this site knowing the way the content is managed! Drill down in the site and there are loads of information or just ask and folks usually assist. I'll second loads of good knowledgeable folks on this site willing to share ideas and information.

• Like 3