HPXV Livewell Operation

Joe Crato

Been filling my livewell the past few weeks with lots of whitebait and I’m looking for recommendations on how everyone else runs there’s throughout the day of fishing. I have been leaving both switches on the whole time. The downward bilge switch fills and the livewell 1 switch recirculates ( at times I swear the recirculating switch is pumping in fresh water as well). I’ve had zero problem keeping bait alive, I just don’t know if I’m running it all right??? 

I have no battery problem running both switches on due to my Powerpole Charge. I run from spot to spot frequently throughout the day. 

TIA 

IMG_4793.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

that's a lot of bait to keep alive - if you aren't having an issue, I'd say you are doing it right!   I'll let others with the same model weigh in though!

I appreciate your advice and the post below seems to agree. I have no problem running both so I’ll keep doing it that way. Honestly I’ve had more whitebait in there than that and no problem with any dying off. Thanks again! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jh141 said:

Agree,  If they are staying alive you are doing it right. I keep my recirc and sea chest pumps both running all the time as well.

Advice taken, thank you for the reply. I just didn’t want to be stressing out pumps, first season with this skiff.