2200 TRS trolling motor selection

jimlacour

What thrust is your 24V? I have a 70 lb 24V on my 20'. Here in SC it's good on a small tide and little wind but if the wind is blowing or if we have a 6.5+ foot tide 70lbs is not enough. I don't want to have to add a 3rd battery but I'm also not sure it's worth it to bump up to an 80lb 24V. Any thoughts?

I have an 80lb thrust, not sure if the move from 70 to 80 is much...I just don't have any experience on it. I am doing my boating in the keys where the current can range from mild to very swift. If I have a strong current combined with heavy wind it is tough but I can usually manage ok. I didn't want the extra battery and thus far I am pleased most of time.

What length trolling motor shaft should I use for a bow mount trolling motor on my 2200 TRS?

TRS is a heavy boat...

I owned a 22 pathy and went from 80 lb to 101..was a huge difference in the fishing...

the extra battery is not a big deal and fits in console if everything is placed right...adding another bank on a charger is no big deal either..

Go as long as you can for the TM lenght...you can always have it cut by a repair service if it bothers you...but, in a chop, you'll be glad you have it.

dc

Archived