Mission Accomplished !!!! Thanks for Everyone's Support....CHECK OUT THE PICS AND PLEASE DONATE TO THE CAUSE....

Wanaflatsfish

MOD MARK...FEEL FREE TO DELETE IF OUT OF SCOPE FOR THE FORUM.....

To all my friends and forum members....

In January I began a personal sabbatical to refresh my body and spirit.
This week marks 6 months. I had planned on returning to consulting and/or full time procurement work in June, but, like most things in life, good plans always change.

In May, my daughter, Dr. Ivette Cardelli, called me to tell me, "Her boat Captain for the Piper's Angel's paddling fund raiser had cancelled." So, she asked, "Daddy....can you be our Captain ?". I recently obtained my USCG Captain's License....so, of course, Dad to the rescue.

The event is on June 25th where she and her husband will paddle from Bimini, Bahamas to Lakeworth, Florida to raise money for the Piper's Angels Cystic Fibrosis Research Foundation. The event is in their 10th year. Last year she was on a "Chase" boat as a medical observer and now this year, she's a PADDLER !!! She has been training for over 6 months for this event.

My personal update - I will focus on this event all month - lots of moving parts and continue to fly my drone and build my photographic portfolio. I have established a Photography Charter Business, fully licensed and insured.

As well, I've been writing procurement / negotiating training for prospective clients who have requested short courses and riding my bike 10-12 miles 5-6 times a week and eating healthy.

I will be "back in the game" most likely September 1st...feel free to reach out for further information on the procurement courses or photography charters in the 10K islands or Florida Keys.

Here is the site for donation...100% of the money raised is to the event. So far, they have raised over $500K and there is more than 200 paddlers/boaters in the event......ANY SMALL AMOUNT HELPS.....

LINK TO DONATION EVENT AND FURTHER INFORMATION: >>>>>>

https://www.classy.org/team/438674

LINK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO FROM A FEW YEARS AGO....

1 MIN VIDEO FOR CROSSING

ScreenShot2023-06-09at7_00_16AM.thumb.png.bf780114216837b55d1762f821421cc8.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Update: Training video on HPS 23 in the ocean.....PIPER'S ANGELS - PADDLE BIMINI TO LAKEWORTH FUND RAISER FOR CYSTIC FIBROSIS
21 hours ago, Moderator said:

Dino

You mentioned "Mod Marc" but not I....LOL

Mod Bubba

Geez...I feel so bad....how could I forget my buddy Bubba....

You taught me so much when I first joined the forum....

Hope you are well.....

I'm loving the HPS 23...got my Capt Credentials, Insurance etc. and have been flying my drone, taking photos, exercising, riding my bike, and hoping to make it another 10-15 years :)

All the best....

DC

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Update: 20 years ago....RF18 in Bimini.......Training video on HPS 23 in the ocean.....PIPER'S ANGELS - PADDLE BIMINI TO LAKEWORTH FUND RAISER FOR CYSTIC FIBROSIS

Here are some more pictures of the paddlers training off Jupiter last Saturday....can you tell I'm fired up !!!

Please don't forget to donate if you are comfortable....

Here are some drone pics......yes, that's Gorilla Tape on the Top of the T....I banged it against my buddy's house in the keys :(   

Awaiting a new one from MGB :)   soon I hope

PiperAngelJune10-01.thumb.jpg.1dcc0a6a9078cdbb656c75a115d05657.jpgPiperAngelJune10-03.thumb.jpg.75d7752e479e8889a4ad74c7852365d4.jpgPiperAngelJune10-04.thumb.jpg.9455abab988dde0d1468d55b76e232d9.jpgPiperAngelJune10-09.thumb.jpg.57d038a0e61ea48ea90cf2ca791756dc.jpg

Pics of Ivette and her Husband.....

PiperAngelJune10-19.thumb.jpg.0b6f0986f96e93e89744801e240a9f9f.jpgPiperAngelJune10-62.thumb.jpg.74a84044a04206d97a810149cc963d79.jpg

My Doctora !!! 

Doctorate in Nursing from John Hopkins....do you think I'm proud :)???

PiperAngelJune10-30.thumb.jpg.bf42e9e97c164a7618e7771e68eb29a6.jpgPiperAngelJune10-45.thumb.jpg.c3912aa4b438e724aa7e38ea6f091957.jpg

9 hours ago, Moderator said:

Not looking good for the paddle Dino !

is there a plan-B 

MM

????

Brey is going lower ?

Forecast - we leave on Saturday night.

AMZ650-670-220900
Coastal waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL out 20 NM
Waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM
400 PM EDT Wed Jun 21 2023

TONIGHT
S SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Period 4 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A chance of showers and tstms.

THU
Winds S SE winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Period 4 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A chance of showers and tstms.

THU NIGHT
S SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Period 4 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A chance of showers and tstms.

FRI
SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Period 4 seconds. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. A chance of showers in the morning. A chance of tstms. Showers likely in the afternoon.

FRI NIGHT
SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. A chance of showers in the evening. A chance of tstms through the night. Showers likely after midnight.

SAT AND SAT NIGHT
S SE winds 10 to 15 kt along the coast to S SE 5 to 10 kt in the Gulf Stream. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Showers with a chance of tstms.

SUN
SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 foot. Intracoastal waters light chop. Showers with a chance of tstms.

SUN NIGHT AND MON
S SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A chance of showers in the evening. A chance of tstms. Showers likely.

10 hours ago, Moderator said:

That’s great !! I looked at the forecast for Bimini and to the East.. plus the storm has been downgraded again.. 

Yep, two days ago it was like.....uggggh....could be a rock and roll event :(  

Thanks for the overwatch....I've been checking the weather every 8 hours and wanted to be sure I didn't miss something....you're a good friend.

Capt's check in package.

CallSign.thumb.jpg.00be5dc2ce03fd4234e4517022ff8cd4.jpg

We are Foxtrot 2.....it leaves in waves at midnight.....there are about 10 waves..

routelakeworth.thumb.jpg.35a26a414f3d17f0b349658ce1fabf90.jpg

here is the suggested route based upon the gulf stream forecast..I will put in all our GPS points tonight and follow it

SafetyBriefing.thumb.jpg.c95262078c6b8fc432b436df86ff32d9.jpg

Safety page from our package.....

More to come.....

MAVERICK FORUM MEMBERS......DON'T FORGET TO DONATE !!!!

• Like 2

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Update: WE MADE IT TO BIMINI !!!! CHECK OUT THE PICS AND PLEASE DONATE TO THE CAUSE.... 20 years ago....RF18 in Bimini.......Training video on HPS 23 in the ocean.....PIPER'S ANGELS - PADDLE BIMINI TO LAKEWORTH FUND RAISER FOR CYSTIC FIBROSIS

WEATHER UPDATE LOOKS GOOD.....

5-10 MPH IN THE STREAM.....SEAS 1-2

AMZ650-670-231700-
Coastal waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL out 20 NM-
Waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM-
400 AM EDT Fri Jun 23 2023

.TODAY...SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Period 4 seconds.
Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. A slight chance of showers
and tstms in the morning, then a chance of showers and tstms in
the afternoon. 
.TONIGHT...SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Period
4 seconds. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. A chance of
showers and tstms. 
.SAT...Winds SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Period
4 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A chance of tstms in
the morning. Showers. Tstms likely in the
afternoon. 
.SAT NIGHT...Winds S SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Period
4 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A chance of showers in
the evening. A chance of tstms through the night. Showers likely
after midnight. 
.SUN THROUGH MON...S SE winds 10 to 15 kt along the coast to S SE
5 to 10 kt in the Gulf Stream. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Intracoastal
waters a light chop. Showers likely with a chance of tstms. 
  • Like 2

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to We are READY !!! TO ROCK !!! SEAS 1-2 !!! CHECK OUT THE PICS AND PLEASE DONATE TO THE CAUSE....

THE LATEST FORECAST !!!

AMZ650-670-241700
Coastal waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL out 20 NM
Waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM
400 AM EDT Sat Jun 24 2023

TODAY
S SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Period 4 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A chance of tstms in the morning. Showers likely. Tstms likely in the afternoon.

TONIGHT
S SW winds 5 to 10 kt along the coast to S 5 to 10 kt in the Gulf Stream. Seas 1 to 2 ft. Period 4 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Showers likely in the evening. A chance of tstms through the night. A chance of showers after midnight.

SUN
Winds S SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 foot. Period 4 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Showers in the morning. A chance of tstms. A chance of showers in the afternoon.

SUN NIGHT
Winds S winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 foot. Period 4 seconds. Intracoastal waters a light chop. A chance of showers in the evening. A chance of tstms through the night. Showers likely after midnight.

MON
S SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 1 foot. Intracoastal waters light chop. Showers likely in the morning. A chance of tstms . A chance of showers in the afternoon.

13 hours ago, Moderator said:

You could drop back a small dark lure at first light and find a tuna or Mahi while you watch the kids. Hope you have some extra ice. 👍

YEAH, 

But the Paddler in charge told me NO fishing rods on the boat....next time....

We were told the Gulfstream is running 4-6 knots tonight....could be a fast crossing.....fingers crossed.

Paddlers average 3.5 mph, plus a tail current of let's hope - 3 mph and we are moving at 6.5 mph X 13 hours and we are at Lake Worth Pier about 1400-1500 hrs....

I have my Lowrance HDS Live 12" and a backup Garmin with all the way points and routes programmed....

DC

• Like 1

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Mission Accomplished !!!! Thanks for Everyone's Support....CHECK OUT THE PICS AND PLEASE DONATE TO THE CAUSE....