Fuel in bilge

• 4 weeks later...

If you can see fuel in the bilge, it is something to be concerned about. It's not what you can see, but what you can't see that's a problem. The fuel vapor is the problem. First thing I'd do is remove the boat from my garage or any structure until you find and correct the fuel problem. Open all doors and hatches to ventilate the gasoline fumes from between the hull and liner. Start at the motor, fuel bulb and fuel supply hoses. When you have eliminated that area as the problem, access the tank and look for leaks where your hoses connect to the tank. Most of the time, it's as simple as old, degraded hoses but could be corroded metal connectors at the fuel tank. 

If you don't feel comfortable or confident about working around gasoline leaks, take your rig to a dealership. 

I’m pretty sure the 03’s had the Poly tank. They always had the smell of gas when covered.

Since you see gas, absolutely follow the above advice !! Ventilate well !!  You may want to disconnect the batteries so there are no sparks or pumps till you figure it out. 
MM