Which trolling motor batteries these days?

rckeat

Among others here, I have been a big proponent of the Duracell-branded Group 31 AGM batteries sold at Sam's Club.  From everything I could tell, these batteries are identical to Deka Group 31 Intimidator AGM batteries as they are both manufactured by East Penn Manufacturing although the Duracells have only an 18 month warranty. 

My first set lasted 8 years, but now this latest set is kaput or at least one of them is.  Curious if others have had any recent issues with the Duracells or are favoring other choices.  What brand do you guys like these days?

40ah, but I also have their charge on the run charger.  I’m always back to 100% after every 20 to 30 minute boat ride.  They have a 60 ah battery now available.  Use discount code BBC15 for 15% when you checkout.  Family owned business by BASS Elite pro Bill Wiedler in Alabama.  Free shipping and no sales tax.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I too have two of the group 31 Duracells AGMS. Bulletproof so far.  I charge them up the same day I use them and as soon as possible when it is cold. I need them to last because I’m edging closer and closer to not being able to man handle a 50-60 lb battery into my console with one hand. 

Currituck

I have 6 of the Sam’s Club Duracell 8 volt wet cell batteries in my 48v golf cart and so does my father.  Both carts have been running strong for 2 years now with no issues.  The Duracell AGM are the exact battery as the Deka Intimidator AGM ,but with a different sticker.  I will replace my cranking battery with their group 31 if my Interstate 31 AGM ever kicks the bucket.

On 7/26/2023 at 6:30 AM, redzone1 said:

I will replace my cranking battery with their group 31 if my Interstate 31 AGM ever kicks the bucket.

I have always used DEKA 31's.....recently just had one go bad - bad single cell....I bought it from Batteries Plus back in late 2020 and they replaced it NO Charge under warranty.....they ran a couple of days of tests....I will always return to Batteries Plus for my future battery needs...they handle Duracell.....very professional people with stores all over Florida.

dc