Night Vision Googles

Wanaflatsfish

One of the challenges I had (we as a group of boats) for the Cystic Fibrosis event was "seeing and dodging" the freighters as we crossed from Bimini to Lake Worth in the middle of the night.

On a normal night, I can normally see them pretty well; however, when there are 80 boats in the water at launch all you see in the horizon is RED and Green lights everywhere for miles and miles.

We got pretty close to one coming our way, but, while I know my lighting rules, it was difficult.

There were 8 safety boats with full radar that could see them and gave us information; however, when your paddlers are in the water and you are bumping in and out of gear, your head is on a swivel and night vision would be very useful for the next trip.

here is my question ?????

What is the BEST night vision system....within reason....I'm not talking SEAL team 6 vision @ $10K...but, something in the range of $1K or so, I'd be worth investing into for next year.

DC