Freshwater pickup

Brett O

Can I take the grate off and rock on. Boat was taking on water and when I pulled out this is what I found. Thank god we were going out to watch fireworks and noticed it squatting. Dang cheese grater came loose and water coming in holes. It shouldn’t be an issue to run without it should it ? Going to seal the holes and rock on for the weekend

3 of the screws broke off in hull. I left those alone and put screws back in the holes that were open for today and tomorrow. I saw a post on here where the guy made a new one out of plexi with fewer holes and increased his speed a couple MPH. That’s what I am going to do and slick it out.

12 hours ago, Brett O said:

3 of the screws broke off in hull. I left those alone and put screws back in the holes that were open for today and tomorrow. I saw a post on here where the guy made a new one out of plexi with fewer holes and increased his speed a couple MPH. That’s what I am going to do and slick it out.

I used 3/8" thick Lexan when I made the cheese grater replacement and it worked fine.  However, if I made another one today, it would be made from 3/8" thick King StarBoard (HDPE).  Love that stuff - very strong and screw holes don't spider-crack under pressure.