Looking for a Good Spray Nozzle for Garden Hose

MuddyBottomBluz

Alright, no post's in almost 24 hours, so here I go! I am 54 years old and have never found a nozzle for my garden hose that does everything right, but they do everything; stream, fan, cone, etc. I hose down dog crap, wash a boat, flush an engine, water plants, wash cars, etc. I have a lot of nozzles, squeeze, thumb control, old fashioned cast ones that have been around for ever that are now made in China, just like everything else. My patio looks like a graveyard for nozzles!

Β  What do you have that you are happy with? * Note * Dog crap needs a good strong stream!πŸ’©Β Β 

Yellow/grey cheap plastic ones I’ve found are the β€œbest” value. Β  Break and replace, but for the most part, they’re indestructible .

Β 

https://www.maxwarehouse.com/products/gilmour-continuous-plastic-salt-water-nozzle?variant=31939841622067&gclid=CjwKCAjwwb6lBhBJEiwAbuVUSsjxEWTudhD6hGgLApFBw2K9X_ap5zet_Dm_aq5KhLwZ8_GyEINkchoCHXgQAvD_BwE

Β 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HenrysCreek said:

Yellow/grey cheap plastic ones I’ve found are the β€œbest” value. Β  Break and replace, but for the most part, they’re indestructible .

Β 

That's the old school I am talking about. But my wife hates when she is washings the dogs and the handle hits the ground and gets stuck on and sprays her! OR when you are racking the hose to mow the lawn and the handle digs in the ground and get's stuck when you are losing ounces of body fluids sweating your *** off!!

11 minutes ago, George Seither said:

fins comment is funny!

Yeah it was!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, George Seither said:

ORRCO happens to make USA made brass and steel hose nozzles.

After how much I spent on nozzles, that's a steal. I have had those "styles" before but they leaked, but again; probably made in China. Worth a try.

Β 

6 minutes ago, HenrysCreek said:

Tell the Admiral, β€œthose are first world problems” (and duck!)

I'll tell you what; Our hose itself is very stiff and she was complaining about how hard it was to wash the dogs and boatΒ :D! So what I did was attach a 4 foot washing machine hose to the end of the hose and she is very happy with the flexibility. Mama happy everyone happy!

Β  This was the latest I tried;Β https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-Pro-Series-Thumb-Control-Cannon-Nozzle-26812/302782271

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For the boat I use a flowthrough RV brush. Β They make hose nozzles look amazing in comparison. Β You want to lose your mind? Β Hook one of these suckers up and wash your boat with it. Β You get wetter than the boat, but it is still better than the β€œbrush-spray-brush-spray” method. Β Best one I found was at harbor freight, china did decent on that one, bust have been having a good day. Β Still broke within a few months, but at least the shaft was stiff enough. Β 
Β 

As for hose nozzles, I got nuthin. But if anyone wants a box of half working and leaking ones, i have em!

• Haha 2

This is the funniest post ever!!! I too have wondered how in the world can we put a man on the moon but not be able to manufacturer a simple spray nozzles. Β Seems pretty simple to me, Β growing up when we didn't have one we cut the metal end off the hose, you used you're thumb or squeezed the end. Β I purchased plenty of different types just as you all have. Β I prefer the twisty type that is all brass and coated in black rubber....you can go from a mist to a stream in no time.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THE OUTLAW said:

simple plastic and works !

Β  I also like the fact that it has hose threads on the end for adding another nozzle or flushing an engine with the lock to hold the nozzle open. The metal ones of that model have been disappointing for me, again China metal! I think we all grew up on that style of nozzle!?Β