Replace cracked deck drains

biohazzard

Alright, tried search feature here and on FP buy can not find the replacement deck drains for my 01 22v. I know I saw some one post them here quite some time back but ......can't find the post or link. Would prefer stainless but considering how old mine are I could settle for the plastic or what ever they are made of. While we are at it, I would appreciate any tricks to get at the back of the *** things without cutting the thing all hell. Was even starting to think about speaker installation just to gain access.

I just did mine this winter, I ended up going with chrome plated br*** because I couldn't find any true stainless fittings ( every one I ordered allowed a magnet to stick ). I cut off the bottom of the flange and it allows the thru hull to be about 1/8" from floor. I had to install a 6" pie hole next to each one to gain access. I did run across the plastic ones like the OEM and I will see if I can find them again. Hope this helps.

Thank you Snookered. Let me know if you can think of the manufacturer of the drains you used. I was trying to avoid cutting holes but and thinking of attempting pie hole access inside the rear hatches. One in the front wall of the release well and one on the wall in front of my battery. Kind of a pain but I think I can reach the hose clamps and jam nut.

Here are pictures of what I did, I gained access from seat bases on top but access plates on the vertical backside is an option. I used SS through hulls and cut the flare off one side, they were a bit smaller diameter than the plastic one but not that bad and I used plenty of 3M 5200. I also used heavy duty hoses that are rated below waterline.... (not what the OEM are...)

[color:red]Link[/color]

On not finding the post... its a sad story... post are deleted after a short while to avoid any "issues"... One of the reasons I don't spend as much time here as I use to... it's a bit disheartening to spend a lot of time creating a post just to see is disappear based on a couple of folks view that is or isn't of value to someone...

Travis

Archived