2600 available fuel

I get that.  But what I was told is that getting eyes on the boat  sooner takes far less time to diagnose an issue than talking to people who can’t see the boat at the factory. Small businesses have that old guy who knows everything about the fuel tanks and the problems they have seen.

If your boat is out of warranty, the members here have lots of experience if they see this question.. You can post the question in the General section and have more eyes see it.. Put in your locale in case a member has a great boat shop that can solve the problem.. 

I had the primary lift fuel pump go bad on an F300 from ethanol and it seemed like I ran out of gas.. I primed it back up and it ran for a bit..   Others have had squeeze balls go bad and leak air, and anti-siphon valves fail.  There’s some other things that may be in play. Only a good tech can isolate and fix.  Nobody on the phone can identify the problem and bring your confidence back.

Good luck and please share the solution !!

Mod Marc

The newer boats with carbon canisters are finicky to fill and require spoon feeding the fuel to top off or at least my 2300 is this way, I can usually fit another 6 to 8 gallons by slowing the flow down when filling and repeat till topped off. Inspect the pickup and lines but could be a filling issue.

Hope it help's

• Like 1

X2 what George said.  My 2018 2400 TRS takes forever to fill up.  Takes 10 minutes to put the last 10 gallons in.  The handle will click off like it is full, but it’s not.  I bet this is your problem.  You may have thought it was full last time fueled up, but maybe it really wasn’t.  I have to get in the boat and hold the nozzle completely out of the fill port and just let the gas trickle in until I can see the gas is full near the top.

• Like 1

OP:

Here is what I would suggest:

1.) open the fuel access and get a read on the tank information....every tank should have the manufacturer and the tank size in gallons

2.) validate this with the factory - send them the VIN # and they will have the make, model, and manufacturer of the tank....most likely TNT

3.) depending on the original owner, it might only be a 60 gallon tank....my HPS is only 60...which gives me about 180 mile total range....@ 3.0 mpg

4.) I know you don't want to hear this one, but, next time you fill, put a small brick under the tire and lift the boat off the hitch as high as you can...this will insure that the fill tube is at the top of the tank

5.) check you over fill tube...take off the top or blow some air into the tube to be sure there not a wasp or other insect blocking it

Report back please for others....

dc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Seither said:

The newer boats with carbon canisters are finicky to fill and require spoon feeding the fuel to top off or at least my 2300 is this way, I can usually fit another 6 to 8 gallons by slowing the flow down when filling and repeat till topped off. Inspect the pickup and lines but could be a filling issue.

Hope it help's

Yep...

dc