Appraisal Help Please - Hewes 16 Bayfisher

Bud_man

Hey All,

I'm hoping you all can help me determine the fair market value of of my 2000 16' Hewes Bayfisher. I may be selling it to a friend/family member so I'm trying to make sure we figure out a fair value. I'm selling because I just stepped up to a Master Angler.

I've had the boat since 2002 and it's been meticulously cared for and garage kept for much of its life. It is in great running order with a few minor issues. Here are some specifics:

2000 16' Hewes Bayfisher

2000 Yamaha 90 2-stroke (unknown hours; runs perfectly)

PowerTech SCD 4-blade prop (14 pitch for hole shot)

2004 Rolls Axle aluminum and stainless trailer w stainless hub and torsion axle

2015 Lowrance Elite 5 Chirp w Navionics Gold charts

Custom Bimini w quick release fasteners

Odyssey PC680 starting battery; PC 925 house battery

LED navigation and cockpit lighting

basic radio/CD player

A few issues:

Steering cable has some slop - it's been that way for years, but just won't break to justify buying a hydraulic system.

Motor tilt sometimes has a very slow drop - seems if I briefly tilt it down after going up it holds - I'm guessing a check valve issue.

Gauges are faded

I posted some photos on my Amazon Cloud drive. Please give it a bit to load - sometimes it's slow.

Link to Photos

I appreciate your thoughts. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Bud

I bought the same boat with the original trailer in 2014 for $11500. The trailer needed work the GPS was junk and the trolling motor didn't work. Boat and motor were in great shape.

I'd suspect with a nice Rolls trailer and working GPS and trolling motor somewhere around 11-13k in a good summer market.

Archived