New boat, older version of seastar hydraulic steering?

bkh

So I have had my 2016 2200 TRS since November and love it. My brother in law was down last week enjoying the boat with me and asked why I had the older version of the seastar hyralic steering...I have HC5342 and apparently the newer version with various improvements is HC5345. I went onto the seastar website and sure enough it looks like the newer version has been out for some time, going well back into 2015. So do I care? It seems like there were in fact some decent improvements in the design. Why would MBC use the older version? Will this make getting parts more difficult in the future? While I really haven't noticed any issues other than a little stiffness that the dealer says is normal, I also would like the newest and best available equipment for a new boat. Looking through a few other websites for new 2200 TRS's I did notice that they seem to all have the newer style - it is easier to tell because the seastar logo is much more noticeable on the new ones. It also doesn't seem to matter what engine is on it. I have the F150 and have seen some 2016s with the F150 with the newer style. While my brother in law is a bit more anal than I am, I am wondering about this...thank you.

I'm sure MBC buys large quantities of seastar steering systems and other common items used to build all therir boats. If a newer model steering cylinder comes out there not going to purchase it until they use up the ones in stock first.

I have a 2007 pathfinder 22' tournament and my seastar cylinder is also an older model

Archived