MA 18.5 travel cover

HenrysCreek

HC - My MA came with an extremely nice, custom sumbrella cover - it's a perfect fit and well supported.  Having said that, I wouldn't attempt to travel with it - I tried it on a quick trip to the gas station, and was unpleasantly surprised at how poorly it handled it - between the flapping, wind resistance, and the amount of pressure it put on any vertical area, I would definitely rather tow her "naked".   There may be better options out there, I know that they use plastic shrink material for transporting boats.   

However, for day to day covering, a custom sumbrella cover is worth it's weight in gold.   Mine has supports in all the right places to keep the water from pooling, and allows for ventilation.   It's many years old now and will need to be replaced in the next few years, but I'll pay whatever it takes to replace it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, George Seither said:

Definitely agree on the sumbrella covers , towing with a cover is a different animal, I tow without as well

over a long period time, the cover will destroy the gelcoat and if ripped, you'd have a major safety issue blowing all over the highway......when hurricanes arrive here in the south we ALWAYS take off any covers.

dc

• Like 1

HC, I think you are fighting a loosing battle. I don't recall ever seeing a boat towed with a cloth/canvas cover. I don't think they make anything that will take that beating. 

I did have a custom cover made for my console and leaning post and towed from Orlando to SW Fl. one time. The canvas chaffed the fiberglass in several areas and the constant flapping wore a hole in the leaning post cover. 

• Thanks 1